Thread: Pumped!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
twinsfan
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Pumped!

Got my FIRST real vending job.

We got a big concert on campus and I've been approved to vend RIGHT OUTSIDE the building. Hundreds of hungry students and staff.

Thinking hot dogs (just another option), Pulled Pork, our unique Mac N Cheese and Carolina Slaw. I'm on the border with ribs but they're so dang expensive for students, though we've recieved permission to charge food to their accounts (meaning parents). Irresponsibility for the win.

All four will be my twists on classics, as I add a rub to the hotdogs, my citrus BBQ sauce on the PP, the Mac N Cheese (a family recipe using paprika and Wos. sauce then slow baked (REALLY GOOD!)), and the Carolina Slaw with a mustard and vinegar base.

All profits will go to a school club, but it'll be advertised under my team's name and HOPEFULLY somebody likes the food a lot and asks for more info. Got the foot in the door. Bonus is no need for Health Dept. since it's sold on campus.

Still a month away but pumped. Wanna kill it since my reputation on campus is "that Southern kid" even though all my family are Northerners.

I take it as a compliment.