Spicewine's TEAM Q heads for Warsaw

By the way God's on Brisket next year look out Kick!!

Bring it on Brother....I like competition..........

I'll have to see what is happening this weekend. Maybe I will come and be your surrogate beer drinker???

You best be dialing my number if you do..........

Good luck and have a blast.

Win or lose, it's all about getting out and haveing a good time with your Buds and making some savory Q. I will take pix.

Kick and Belly Bro---If you visit I will throw on a couple-o-extra fatties.

Spice

Got a report from Spicewine (Jay) from Warsaw.........I hope I wrote the placings down correctly........

9th in chicken
12th in ribs
4th in pork butt
3rd in brisket

Tied for 5th overall, but was awarded 6th place on tiebreaker.
A very very nice showing, my friend! Jay said he had company from the Kansas City area.......sorry we missed them.....BellyBro and I decided to visit one about 20 miles from home instead of making the long drive, especially with my plans to cook late today.
I'm sure all had a just as good a time without us.....Jay is a great host!!

Again, Congrats brother!! I'll help you with posting the pics to an album.......Phil....can you hook us up on that?? Thanks!

I'm back!! Small contest ( about 25 teams) Friday weather was crappy, Saturday was beautiful. Met alot of real nice folks and even got a couple of them wanting to join the bretheren web site. Banner got to my office after I had already left town, but my Brother was able to bring it down with him. The banner is really nice (pix will be posted soon) Met a team who had a Margerita (sp) machine made out of an Igloo cooler and a 3/4 horsepower garbage disposal. It worked great. I was very disapointed with my chicken :cry: wasn't my best effort but took 9th place. We finished in the top 5 and were just happy to be there. KCQuer came to visit today and we spent the afternoon together munching on Ribs and shooting the sh*t. Phil and Kick---Thanks for the calls and words of encouragement. It was very difficult for me to go to contest and not be able to drink and party along with everyone else but I felt good and rested this morning. I have lost 14 pounds and the Dr. says that I won't need to be on medication or insulin if I keep doing what I'm doing. She even said that I could drink a beer or two every now and then but I'm waiting untill I lose some more weight . Maybe by the 4th of July. Any way their were two judges who were complete A** Holes. Even the KCBS reps tried to tell them that they were scoreing too low, but they wouldn't back down. The Reps told me that these were some of the lowest scores that they have ever seen. Oh well---we had a great time and hope to see some of the rest of you at a contest sometime.

Spice

Congrats on such a good finish!!!!!!!! Three outta four catergories in the top ten.Awesome!!!!! 8)

Willy T.

Way to go Jay! Awesome showing!!!

Hey Jay... great contest! But it wasn't Scott there today... it was me! LOL!

Anyway, I just want to say thanks again and say how much fun I had visiting and sampling some of your team's work Thank Steve again for keeping a cold MGD in my hand most of the afternoon! :D Hopefully I'll get to come visit during another contest!

Hey Jay... great contest! But it wasn't Scott there today... it was me! LOL!
He told me it was you there today on the phone........prolly just tired and made an honest mistake.....you know all us Brethen look alike......... :mrgreen:

Yeah, havin' two guys with "KC" in their names that live only a few miles apart could be confusing to anyone who put in a long weekend live Team Q did this weekend... and with no beer for Jay to boot! That's probably it... no beer is starting to take it's toll! :wink:

I also wanted to say that I learned quite a bit today. I had never been to a Q contest where I got to see the work firsthand and I have to say it was impressive. For a guy like myself who loves perfection and having to have things turn out just right, maybe competition Q is for me! LOL! I mean these guys were concerned with the angle the brisket slices were laid on the lettuce bed, sauce on the lettuce leaf and stems in the parsley! That's my kinda gig! Very cool, gentlemen! I was definitely impressed.

Sorry Jeff--BRAIN FART MOD.--And your right, I haven't had a clear head since I stopped drinking beer. I would really like to see you compete!! You are welcome in our camp any time. Did I mention we needed a Pit Bitch? :lol: Just wait untill the Boone County Fair---I will have beer in hand and will be at 100%.

Spice
A guy that builds pits and can cook too, goes out and proves it! Congrats!

spicewine said:
You are welcome in our camp any time. Did I mention we needed a Pit Bitch? :lol: quote]

Jay.. sorry.. but Spicewine Cookers dont need a pitbitch. Think ya may need to find him another job. How about "meatbitch". :twisted:

Back