Norway Maple

frugalsob

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Okay. So I'm struggling to find wood locally. I mean I can buy it from the store in chunks, but that gets $$$.

I have a LOT of Norway Maple from a tree I cut down last summer. Wondering if anyone has used this kind or if I should even attempt it.

Any thoughts?

I have used some Norway Maple from trees in my yard. After seasoning and chunking it was fine.

Sounds good to me. I'm bettin' it has good flavor.

It works but it is not the same smoke as one gets from Sugar Maple. Norway Maple with Apple wood brings the sweetness up.

i think your screenname says it all. LOL cough up some dough and guy get some hickory and some fruitwood you cheap barstard :)

seriously though, maple is ok but in your area, it shouldn't be hard to find a few alternatives!

Wampus - No, I don't have one of those stores near me....

LOL @ boatnut... Well, I am a cheap farker, but I'm willing to spend on BBQ. Just can't find it. Other than in the bagged store stuff. Like at Home Depot. I was thinking "bigger scale", and don't want to buy 30 bags... I've posted a bunch of ads on c'list with no luck.

BUT, I was talking to my Dad yesterday who has about 35 acres up north and he said he's got some apple trees out on the land that he doesn't mind if I take. However that doesn't do me any good now. But you can bet your butt, I'll be up there this summer cutting some down...

Back