HELP - High Temp BBQ PIT Gasket Material

B

BigJimsBBQ

I have a Lang 84 Longneck and I want to seal the Pit Doors with a High Temp Gasket that is applied to the Pit with an adhesive. Does anyone know where I can buy the gasket and adhesive to tighten up my pit's doors?

Thanks in Advance .....

goto hardware store ( Menard's, home depot, Lowe's, etc.) and get fire place gasket. comes with small tube of adhesive cement. i need to do the same. the only problem is that you are supposed to get a fire going after drying to use the heat to "set" the glue. i can't get me rig hot enough for that so i was going to try and use a torch to heat eh gasket area (from the back side) to set the glue. hope it works for you. let me know. i wont be doing this till spring.

Orange High temp automotive silicone gasket maker works great and you can get it anywhere. Just smear it on to rope gasket and stick it to your smoker and shut the lid for a few hours. Put a little petro jelly on the steel where you do not want it to stick. The stove stuff never seems to hold up and becomes very hard, well that's my experience anyway.

Back