• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Official MOINK Ball Certification Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the temp problem - I had the same problem with my first batch on the BGE.

I do hereby request to become certifiable...

I do here by submit my request to become certified in the ways of the Moink ball.

I used store bought beef meat balls maple bacon, my own rub that I normally use on steaks and then after smoking them in my uds on its maiden voyage I slathered them in my chili BBQ sauce.

I can only find the pics of the ingredients and then of them on the tray before I went inside. I have been forced to use my phone to take pictures after some one stole (read I lost) my camera, I think it was the same person who breaks into my house and steals my TV remote too.... Sorry I hope that is enough

moiknballs1.jpg

allcookedup.jpg

Certificates Done

I just finished emailing the last of a whole bunch of certificates. If you are still owed a certificate, chances are you posted in this thread, but did not PM with it's location.

If you believe you are owed a certificate, please review the instructions at the top of this thread and send me a PM with the necessary information and I'll get it out immediately.

On a personal note. I wish to thank each and every one of the members who have shown me the compassion and patience I needed during this time. It's great to know that of all the people who have participated in this process only one was mean spirited.

Thank you all. Life is once again on a correct course. Certificates are caught up and we will move on.

Thanks.

For your consideration for certification

I will be making another batch on my UDS this weekend. so I can meet the requirements.

I started with 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. I added s&p, and some vegetable spice.
01-startingpoint.jpg

I made the balls a little bigger than store bought. Only 30 balls from meat.
My wrapping got better as I went, by the last ball, all the meat was covered.
02-rapandroll.jpg

I sprinkled Butt Glitter on the balls and popped them on the gasser at 375F.

03-juststarting.jpg

Once cooked, I served them plain, and had simple BBQ dip sauce, if anyone wanted.
04-readytoeat.jpg

Last edited:
My humble submission for certification

I would like to submit my MONIK Balls for the certification process. This is actually my first attempt at true MONIK Balls, but at several BBQ events we have done many a meatball, just without the baconny goodness. However, back to my submission.

Here are the fixins for the MONIK Balls and some ABTs as well.
3902067534_1f33405665.jpg

The shrimp on the board is for the ABT's. Just some good beef meatballs and genuine pork bacon for the MONIK Balls. I added a simple rub just before putting them on the grill.

Here are the prepared MOINK Balls. Please ignore the Weight Watchers scale, its the wife's. :roll:

3901287457_9e7fef311f.jpg

On the grill, since the smoker died. Got some oak and lump going. Did indirect heat for a little over an hour, about 275 or so.
3901287691_7c17cda139.jpg

And here are the results, with a few ABTs on the side and some sauce for those who felt it necessary.
3901287915_001cd69c7c.jpg

3901287117_36fa4ac4aa.jpg

3901287043_76ebf3a435.jpg

As further testimony, I took these in to my office to share with my co-workers. Thankfully no vegetarians were at the office today and not a single negative or critical word was uttered, until they were gone. One of the guys who works for me bit into his MOINK Ball, looked at me and said "I don't want to finish this. I just want to keep it with me forever". I finally convinced him that I could make more and it would be alright to finish that one and even have another.

Thanks Brethren for all the help, encouragement, and great ideas.

Respectfully,

Sarge

Request for Certification MOINK Balls

I am attempting to submit my information for certification.

Attached is a picture of the basics,

100_1503.jpg

100_1508.jpg
seasoned MOINK balls, and the grill.

100_1509.jpg
I used Kingsford with a stick of green wild cherry.

100_1513.jpg

I didn't put any sauce on the balls but I offered several different sides.

100_1527.jpg
I'm afraid they cooked quicker than I expected. A few turned out crisp.

Still we ate them all in about 10 minutes.

Thank you for a great idea.

My Daughter and I are applying for our MOINK Cert! We used pre-made all beef meatballs, wrapped in hardwood smoked bacon, dusted in Bovine Bold, slow cooked for one hour then heat raised to crisp the bacon, Sauced with Sweet Baby Rays.

0908091939.jpg

MOINK ball certification request

I had some wally-world meatballs, and some Maple-leaf bacon.

IMG_2400.jpg

After wrapping them, I put Popdaddys Butt Glitter on them.
IMG_2401.jpg

Just a small batch on the UDS using RO briquettes, and apple wood.
They piggy-backed (pardon the pun) my brisky.

IMG_2403.jpg

I left them on when the brisket went to rest.
1 1/2 hours at 250F
IMG_2406.jpg

Served as is. A great mid afternoon snack.
IMG_2408.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first attempt at MOINK BALLS, if I would have used store bought mbs my Italian grandmother haunt me. Cooked for about an hour think they could have used a little more crispin' over direct heat. Cert or no cert it's ok, take care of your mom first Larry and btw thanks for your help on posting.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/Paulmark123/PorkButt053.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/Paulmark123/PorkButt056.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/Paulmark123/PorkButt060.jpg

Request for MOINK Ball certification

Here is my submission for MOINK Ball certification.

Used Fast Fixin frozen beef meatballs, Bar S bacon, Yardbird rub, Head Country & Blues Hog sauces. Smoked over lump and cherry wood.

DSCN3570.jpg

Finished MOINK Balls.
DSCN3575.jpg

With respect to th IMBAS, we hereby offer our MOINK Ball for certification for southwest Missouri. The following was served to my local Sertoma Club (we support our local Boys & Girls Clubs) Total cook was approximately 180 MOINK Ball and 60 people devoured them rather quickly. The following are some pics of our progress. I request certification for a MOINK Ball certification re represent the BBQ Brethen in Southwest Missouri. Gawd, I love this site!!!

Attachments

• Moink bag proof.jpg
    Moink bag proof.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 510
  • Moinks sauced and ready to eat.jpg
    Moinks sauced and ready to eat.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 508
  • Moinks ready for the Weber.jpg
    Moinks ready for the Weber.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 510
  • Moinks Rubbed.jpg
    Moinks Rubbed.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 513
  • The Crew Q'nt after the long night .jpg
    The Crew Q'nt after the long night .jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 512
MOINK Ball certification PLEASE

I would like to enter for MOINK Ball certification please.here is my entry.

X-mas2008004.jpg

RedTail_july_09017.jpg

Thnaks Jules
Roast'nToast BBQ Team

OK, rather than add overhead to the site, I'll just link my MOINK certification request. Mine are the 5th photo down here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699&page=4

They were Sam's Club meatballs, Oscar Mayer bacon (on sale 2 for 5 bucks!) Yardbird rub, and Sweet Baby Rays sauce. Got no photos of them off the Egg because they disappeared before the camera was ready

I beg the courts indulgence for not having petitioned this honourable assemblage earlier. I had been under the impression that only prepared frozen meatball could be submitted for judgment to this most august organization. Having been informed by another Brethren, this was no longer the case, I have taken it upon myself to place this petition before you for your findings.

I hereby request that the following photographs be placed into evidence, as exhibits 1 thru 8, and that they further serve in the certification process verifying myself, Marc A Leone, sole proprietor and chef of "The Life of Brine" competition BBQ team (Backyard Burners) as an OFFICIALLY Certified MOINK Ball Maker, pursuant to the rules, regulations and guidelines, as set forth and implemented by the governing body of the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society (IMBAS).

Exhibit I; Ground beef, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper powder, green onions, egg and bread crumbs:

090826-1_01.jpg

Exhibit II; The above ingredient were then hand mixed and rolled in balls, the approximate size of a golf-ball:

090826-1_02.jpg

Exhibit III; These balls were then wrapped in a 1/2 length piece of hardwood smoked bacon. The bacon was then secured to the balls with small reed skewers:

090826-1_03.jpg

Exhibit IV; The assembled and skewered balls were then dusted with a proprietary blend of spices:

090826-1_04.jpg

Exhibit V; The dusted balls were then transferred to my Brinkmann Smoke N Grill, also known as ECB (El Cheapo Brinkmann), along with some Armadillo Eggs and ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds) which in reality had no ABT (Anal Burn Time):

090826-1_11.jpg

Exhibit VI; The ECB is portrayed at work, with a few chunks of hickory. The balls were smoked at a temperature of approximately 230* for 1 1/2 hours. The heat was then increased to approximately 265* to crisp up the bacon for approximately 30 minutes. Additional hot coals were added to achieve this and the water pan was removed:

090826-1_12.jpg

Exhibit VII; The balls were then glazed in a proprietary sauce and allowed to set for 15 minutes before removal. Here they are seen along side there cousins the Armadillo Eggs:

090826-1_15.jpg

Exhibit VIII; The plated balls, Armadillo Eggs and ABT's set out for dinner along with some curried chicken, rice and watermelon.

090826-1_16.jpg

The petitioner requests that the evidence submitted be reviewed by the governing body of IMBAS and if deemed worthy, the bacon wrapped meatballs be OFFICIALLY Certified as MOINK Balls and the petitioner be immediately and forever known as an OFFICIALLY Certified MOINK Ball Maker.

The petitioner thanks you for your time.

Last edited:
MOINK Ball Certification

Here is my submission for the MOINK Ball certification. I used Mama Lucia's "Italian Style Meatballs". I glazed them with my own Mango Mint sauce. Here is the pron to prove it :)

meatballs.JPG

moink_balls.JPG

Please let me know if you require anything else.

My official MOINK Ball Certification Request -

I would like to become MOINK BALL Certificated. Attached you will find my photos of how I created the best tasting MOINK BALLS I have ever made.
First I used Rosina Italian style meat balls, Hickory Springs bacon and Plowboys Yardbird Rub for the seasoning. I then basted them in a mixture of Blues Hog BBq Sauce thinned down with a bit of honey and Pinapple juice. Once the MOINKS came out of the pit, I dipped them in the same BBq mixture. I hope my technique meets your strict criteria for the making of MOINK BALLS.

Trucky9854
dentruck@comcast.net

Cooking on
FEC100
CS009
Weber Gasser
Fastest RED Thermapen on the planet

Attachments

• 100_1884.jpg
    100_1884.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 611
  • 100_1885.jpg
    100_1885.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 100_1889.jpg
    100_1889.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 605
  • 100_1894.jpg
    100_1894.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 606
  • 100_1897.jpg
    100_1897.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 603
Okay, Paul they look good but it appears you wrapped the bacon clockwise and it's suppose to be counter clockwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back