Who has built a Weber cart?

TBergMania

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm looking to find a Weber OTG, then build a Performer style cart for it. I'm mostly looking to see how you guys have isolated the kettle from the cart or just examples of your carts.

I've used conduit clips to hold kettle lips several times. The hook goes under the lip, the hole is used to fasten it to a cart.
One20Hole20Conduit20Clamp.jpg

Currently, I am using wire bent into a similar shape on this one made from a Gap shelving unit.
Cart.jpg

Weber sells an add on table on amazon if you don't want to build one.

I built this a few years ago. It's a SS front door from an upright commercial freezer, built on a table made of redwood. I just cut out a hole and left 8 half inch tabs around the inside. I then bent them up and they fit into the gap of the rolled-over rim in the bottom section of the kettle. That way the lid is able to completely close on the rim without touching the table.

webertable12.jpg

webertable13.jpg

I built this table a few years ago but took it apart after a couple of years of use to make space for a pizza oven in that corner.
Now that I have a small welder I'm thinking about putting together an all metal portable cart for that same OTG.

P1030647.jpg

I built this table a few years ago but took it apart after a couple of years of use to make space for a pizza oven in that corner.
Now that I have a small welder I'm thinking about putting together an all metal portable cart for that same OTG.

P1030647.jpg

Tell me a little bit about that table top, please. That looks pretty nice, brother.

Here is a photo of the bent wires I mentioned.
Kettleholder_zpsf7885c94.jpg

I like the blue otg. I've been thinking about building a replacement for my performer. The plastic parts that hold the bottom rack together don't hold up. Nice job

Back