View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #4289
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' D View Post
I'll try to help. The short, full thread nipples are slightly tapered from the center down to the end so it is not possible to run a nut all the way across them. What I did is to thread a conduit nut onto the nipple as far as it will go. Then install the nipple from inside the barrel and thread another nut on from the outside. I used a pair of vise grips attached to the nipple to keep it from turning as I tightened the outer nut. You could install the nipple from the outside and turn on the other nut from inside the barrel but that is really cumbersome and it's quite tight quarters!
Thats what I'll be trying tomm. I'll have my bro for some help too. Thanks for the explanation and idea.
[B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Yellow"]Joe[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] - [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ - [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Humphreys[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="black"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pint[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] / STAINLESS UDS(Build in Progress)/2 UDS /1 WSM / Weber Gasser/ 22.5 Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36/ The Absolute Fastest Super Fast [B][U][B][I]BLACK[/I][/B][/U][/B] Thermapen[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]
biggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote