Would you cook in October for 25K?

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I had an organizer call to discuss the feasibility of a after Royal, stop on your way to the Jack cook-off in Oklahoma.
The date would be two weeks after the Royal and the weekend prior to the Jack. This would be a new contest.
The minimum guranteed purse will be in excess of $25,000.00. The cook-off would be held in Oklahoma.
The questions is, will you cook in October. Deal or no Deal.
This is a serious inquiry, even though I am having fun. Will this date work, would you be attracted to come.
Please let me know.
Merl

We would consider it. The last contest that we cook is the 2nd weekend in October.

Since I don't do the RA or MIM I could have my arm twisted, thats a yes. Oops I meant, the Jack not the MIM well I don't do that either. ;-)
Dave

Last edited:
Nope - the week after the Royal is our last one - unless of course we get a drawing and are selected to chase the little brown jugs.

Merl,
While Oklahoma is much too far for me, I do plan to cook in Dover in late October, so I don't think that's too late.

Merl,
Without knowing the level of competition at this point, I don't know if this would be a good first gig for a newbie competitor. But if it was held in OKC I'd probably give it a go!

I certainly would cook in October for that type of purse, chances are the weather would not be that bad.

If Arlin competed, I'd come down and pitbitch for him. :mrgreen: Seriously, if everything was timed right, I'd try to come as an observer or maybe even judge.

Hell Yeah.....

I would be there as an observer, so where in Oklahoma is this event gonna take place??

Merl,
Without knowing the level of competition at this point, I don't know if this would be a good first gig for a newbie competitor. But if it was held in OKC I'd probably give it a go!

Arlin, just plan on competing against Lotta Bull Mike Davis, Marrietta, Ok
Bart Clark, Stillwater, Ok
and Donny Teel, Sperry, Ok.
Then add in that Johnny Trig likes to stop by.
Don't leave out any local favorites like Smokedelics who did well at the Royal and the Jack last year.

Other than these teams, the rest will be bottom feeders... just kidding.
There is no easy competition in Oklahoma.
But its still a great place to learn.
Yours
Merl

Hell, I'd probably do it if my vacation time allowed which isn't a good possibility this year. Just toss in a few pounds of meat and a gallon of Head Country sauce and I'd be good to go!

yep I would do it I seem to cook year round, spicebaby sould do just fine:-D

Add us to the list of " BOTTOM FEEDERS " -------Not!! Need a little more info before we commit.

Spice

Team Q

Arlin, just plan on competing against Lotta Bull Mike Davis, Marrietta, Ok
Bart Clark, Stillwater, Ok
and Donny Teel, Sperry, Ok.
Then add in that Johnny Trig likes to stop by.
Don't leave out any local favorites like Smokedelics who did well at the Royal and the Jack last year.

Other than these teams, the rest will be bottom feeders... just kidding.
There is no easy competition in Oklahoma.
But its still a great place to learn.
Yours
Merl

They can be beat and have been beat!! We love competition !! Bring it on!!

If this was in Tulsa, then the Plowboys may consider it. Randy and Audrey's brother is there.

I just got a rush thinking about doing this! Ruh-roh...

Shohn, if I go, you have first dibs on being pitbitch, since I don't have one! Or a team name, or more than one pit, or, or, or! :)

I suppose I could fetch an' step for another brother before jumping in, but...

Back