/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Peaches??? :puke:

BTW...working on finishing that bottle of Cabo from November tonight :becky:

Talked with Brian (Totally Basted) this weekend and will be sharing his Akorn. I'm leaning towards tritip and pulled pork at this point and he will probably do some hot wings (but will let him post it when he decides). Might have to make a run to little d (peep's turf) and get some Fischer's sausage. Been too long since I've grilled some of that.

Mrs Frognot will be doing a dessert or two and sides as needed.

Last edited:
Talked with Brian (Totally Basted) this weekend and will be sharing his Akorn. I'm leaning towards tritip and pulled pork at this point and he will probably do some hot wings (but will let him post it when he decides). Might have to make a run to little d (peep's turf) and get some Fischer's sausage. Been too long since I've grilled some of that.

Mrs Frognot will be doing a dessert or two and sides as needed.
It isn't too much of a detour to run into Denton to Metzler's to grab some sausage. If you can't work that out, let me know and I can pick some up for you.

So, folks, whatcha cookin'?

Looks like a handful of you have figured out the spreadsheet and filled it out accordingly based on your plans.

How about the rest of you? If you have issues, just post up what you plan to make and I can fill out the sheet for ya...just tell me.

Fill me out (click)! :becky:

It isn't too much of a detour to run into Denton to Metzler's to grab some sausage. If you can't work that out, let me know and I can pick some up for you.
Thanks for the kind offer. Me & Mrs Frognot might make a run to the lake & scope out campsites in a week or two and will probably have dinner with some friends in Denton that day.

Hoping we have some weather in April like today. Man, it's nice out (however i gotta work tonight so am heading to bed for a nap).

Thanks for the kind offer. Me & Mrs Frognot might make a run to the lake & scope out campsites in a week or two and will probably have dinner with some friends in Denton that day.

Hoping we have some weather in April like today. Man, it's nice out (however i gotta work tonight so am heading to bed for a nap).
Fingers crossed for good weather! Yesterday turned out nice for having a gloomy start. We had dinner on the patio :wink:

Just let me know if I need to help ya grab anything.

I swear one of you farkers proposed cooking KCBS style ribs, but I can't find who. I would be interested in this if someone is coming that competes and gets calls on the regular. Would be good to see what all the hubbub is about that goes on in the comp forum :wink:

Then we can maybe also have someone do some of their famous good ol' backyard ribs, if that is someone's specialty...

Any takers?

I would be happy to do ribs. I get a pretty good response from them. Here is the last rack that I smoked.

i-LTZzxDG-L.jpg

YA Peaches like ole Myron did on Craig Ferguson show .........

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2iMcA2pT8k[/ame]

I officially killed the Fall Bash Cabo on Saturday night...

And Smitty, you can cook the peaches as I won't be touching them! :tape:

When is the EPIC Fatty Practice, Round 2?

I hope I can drag wifey to this one. I have never been to a bash but have been to plenty of fishin tourneys with great bbq and fish fry after parties.. If I cant bring my smoker can we still attend? My wife makes some killer homemade banana pudding...

I hope I can drag wifey to this one. I have never been to a bash but have been to plenty of fishin tourneys with great bbq and fish fry after parties.. If I cant bring my smoker can we still attend? My wife makes some killer homemade banana pudding...
Of course you can still attend.

There will be plenty of folks cookin' meat. Dessert and maybe a side would be helpful, though :wink: :thumb: Plenty of ways to contribute to teh success of the bash without cookin', but it starts with going! :becky:

Hope you guys can make it!

Hell, I could go for some homemade parmesan white wine risotto and an Italian Cream Cake if your wife wants to participate!!! :heh:

You had me at banana pudding.

There will be plenty of smokers/grills/cooking contraptions. I'm thinking we had more smokers/grills than folks at the last get-together.

You had me at banana pudding.

There will be plenty of smokers/grills/cooking contraptions. I'm thinking we had more smokers/grills than folks at the last get-together.
Close! We had 4 grills/smokers and 5 attendees...6 if you count Frank!

null_zps0cb65cda.jpg

Cool, Dave. I think there are a couple guys doing ribs (assuming Hawg makes it). Once we nail it down, it might be good to have you guys figure out who wants to do lunch ribs and who wants to do dinner ribs so we have some at lunch to try and some at dinner...

Oh, and BTW...Steph (big brother smoke) of Simply Marvelous is gonna donate some rub for our door prizes!!!

I know this is listed on page one but gotta give another big MUCHAS GRACIAS to these great folks for donating door prizes to our bash!

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Spicewine
- Hutchins BBQ in McKinney
- SpicemanJames
- big brother smoke (Simply Marvelous)

Y'all are awesome folks for doing this!

Back