Brisket (pron)

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Been craving burnt ends and needed to stock the freezer with some brisket so I picked one up during the week. I had it on the agenda for Sunday since both of my kids had basketball games on Saturday. I caught a cold during the week and by the weekend had no real interest in messing with it, but the show must go on.

14.88 lber with a nice thick flat.

Raw_zps03c7e0cd.jpg

Trimmed out most of the hard fat between the point and flat, was going to do a bit more, but was feeling pretty run down and just said "screw it, good enough"

Trimmed_zps77714738.jpg

Gave it a blast of rub and put it back in the fridge for the night.

Rubbed_zps1f273e5f.jpg

Sunday morning the alarm went off to get up and start the smoker since the brisket was going to be supper as well as freezer filler. Pried myself out of bed and got things going and went right back to bed. Finally got up to check on things a few hours later and found the smoker to be running around 315 instead of the 250 or so that I generally run.

Pulled it off to rest and wrapped it in butcher paper. Noticed the outside was hard...........never cooked one that hot, is that normal at that temp range. Not a H n F guy so
noidea.gif

Rest_zpsfe1854c3.jpg

Separate the point and flat.......burnt ends from the point.

Ends_zpsf3e2855b.jpg

Some slices thrown on the plate for the kids that oddly do not like burnt ends that much.
faint.gif

Slices_zpsf2b3634f.jpg

And had the burnt end sandwich I had been craving........actually made me feel a little better.

BurntSandwich_zps3201aee0.jpg

Man, that sure does make me jealous. One of these days I'll get the handle on brisket, I swear, guys! And I'll for sure post pr0n for proof.

Back