Silent Auction Meal Deal

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Putting this together to be donated to a silent auction for the schools marching band. Comments???

Pulled Pork BBQ Meal
Serves 10-12

Slow smoked locally, using apple wood, by OH IT'z BBQ Team, the Owitz family.

What you get:

(1) 7-9 pound pork shoulder (pork butt)
- Covered with a mild rub and gently smoked at 250 degree's for
approximately 14-17 hours for a moist and tender pulled pork.
- Pulled and delivered, locally, in an easy to reheat aluminum tray.

(2) Sauces for Dipping
- First, a traditional North Carolina Dipping sauce. This vinegar based
sauce has red chili flakes and other spices to bring a little heat to the
meal.
- Second is a variation on a St. Louis sauce. This BBQ sauce based
dipping sauce has garlic, onions, and other spices to bring out the sweet
tones in the meal.

(1) Tray of Baked Beans
- Approximately 2 pounds of baked beans smoked with
exciting bits of smoked sausage additions to enhance the beans.

(1) Bowl of Cole Slaw
- Approximately 2 pounds of traditional cabbage coleslaw to round out
this southern BBQ meal experience

(24) White Hamburger Buns
- The traditional bread to serve under pulled pork.

(24) Homemade Brownies
- A sweet treat to finish the meal

This all inclusive meal will take you south of the Mason-Dixon Line without ever leaving the blustery northeast.

Please note that a mutually agreed upon date with a lead in of 72 hours needed.

Estimated value: $85.00

Hopefully someone appreciates this and places a reasonable bid. I'd be ALL OVER that for $85.

I offered a slow cooked Boston Butt at a church silent auction. Placed a minimum $20 bid on it. Guess what it got? Yep. Minimum bid. Oh well, a wonderful lady got it and loved it.

Yak, I'd bite on that for sure. Are you going to put together some pix for a flyer? There's nothing (except the smell) that hooks people on Q like good pron. ;)

We've donated several of these for fundraisers with the addition of ribs and brisket. The first couple brought around $100 I think. The next one was on a live auction and brought $230. The last one brought $360! Can't beat word of mouth advertising and a good cause.

Photo is a good idea, will try to put one together, also I believe this is the first of it's kind for this auction so expect a bit low of an offer. Although the neighbors have all been told and some have even put it on their calendars so they can bid. Hopefully the second years will be much better. Scott

Yak,

Many people are very health conscious these days, as well as, some people just don't eat pork (for health and religious reasons). That being said, maybe you can offer some alternate meats like chicken or turkey?

Tyger, excellent suggestion, but I think right now my forte is pulled pork, easiest for me to do. Also the cheapest for me to do. Smoked chicken has not been that kind to me, honestly have to say I prefer it done other ways. But maybe next year can offer a choice for the winner.

Good job Yak. The sad part is that the first year will probably be low, but will grow in following years. Word of mouth is your best bet. In the mean time, use pics to show the bounty.

jgh1204 said:
$85.00?? I think your value is way low.

If you're smoking the pork for 14 hours, that puts your time at just over $6/hr. Add a 1 to the front of that price and the you might get closer. At $85 that comes to about $3.50/serving for 24 servings. I am sure your que is worth more that that.

I based the value pretty much as a hopeful placce for people to bid to, maybe a bit more. As I'm starting out I don;t want to over value what they are getting, but honestly believe they will feel very good about only spending 85 bucks on a scrumtious meal. I guessed it would serve 10-12, a more lunch like meal makes it about 7-8 bucks a serving. About right for this area for a lunch sandwich. Once the word gets out I suspec tthe bidding will get a bit more frantic. I'm also making a meal or two for the band, and the band parents during training camp. Getting the word out there. Scott

Yakfishingfool said:
Once the word gets out I suspec tthe bidding will get a bit more frantic. I'm also making a meal or two for the band, and the band parents during training camp. Getting the word out there. Scott
Excellent. Remember, you only need 2 people bidding to drive that price right up in an auction.:cool: :cool:

Back