Contest Site question

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
I know every contest arrangement is different....What is the general rule of thumb about where you're vehicle/trailer is in relation to the cooking site if you have a trailer...

For the first year, we'll be towing all our equipment and pit with a rented UHAUL open or closed trailer with an SUV.

Would you end up taking the trailer off the SUV and leave the trailer on the the site and park the vehicle elsewhere or take all your stuff off the trailer and park the vehicle with trailer elsewhere ?

depend on the site, and the organizer. Some make ya disconnect the cars and go park them nearby, other times when theres lots of room, they are right there next to us.. I have yet to be faced with space restrictions.

the written rule usually states that cars cant remain at the sites.

Most times if you pay for enough space for all your stuff you can have it all there. Some do have restrictions about vehicles, but the problem is usually guys that buy a 20 ft space and bring 30 or 40ft worth of stuff.

The general rule is that you have a space and anything you can fit in it is kosher. Unless you are in a small "town square" type arrangement. Most contests I attend give you 20X30. More than enough room to leave your trailer and truck. I usually have to buy up some additional space, or park my truck elsewhere - since I made a new purchase for my contest habit last year. I picked up a 31' Sportster Toy Hauler... and now roll my cookin' rig right up in the back. I need at least 40' to keep my truck around.

Have yet to find one where the folks running it won't work with you.

Back