BBQ in Savannah

Tack

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am heading to Savannah later this week and was wondering if there is any good Que there??

Wiley's BBQ on Whitemarsh island I would say is the best. If you're downtown, there's 3 joints: Angel's on Oglethorpe Lane (kind of mushy for my taste) Blowin' Smoke on MLK Jr. Blvd (also a little mushy) and Barne's on Whitaker (not much flavor on the pork, but nicely pulled).

If you're feeling adventurous, there's a place called the Rib Hut in Garden City (about 2 miles east of downtown on Bay Street) that I've heard is real good.

Wiley's Championship Barbecue. On the way to Tybee from Savannah. 'Nuff said.

well seeing as how I am staying on Tybee looks like WIley's is gonna get a visit!!!

Try the burnt ends sandwich at Wiley's, and disregard the price ( I think it was $10). After I ate it, I thought it was worth $15! So where do you stay on Tybee? We always stay back towards town because we don't have any idea what to expect at Tybee Island hotels since they're not "name brand." We'd love to find a good place, though!

Well we just finished dinner at Wiley's. MY GAWD!!!! Now I know how hard it is to
Serve excellent BBQ to the masses. I just wanna know how they managed to make
Everything that was ordered so damn good!! We had a party of 6 people and they all said that it was great. I would highly recommend that anyone In the area stop in for some
Darn fine Q. The burnt end platters are Awesome. Just do yourself a fa or and save room
For a slice of Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Back