• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Black Cherry Bourbon BBQ Pork Belly

AluminumChef

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Haven't done this one in a while, but is still my favorite smoker result. I didn't do a full spread of pictures, but here is the one shot I took:

I did a pretty generic dry rub that I think I found in the first 5 results of googling for "smoked Pork belly dry rub". I smoked it with cherry chunks for about 3.5 hours, at 225, and glazed it with a bourbon BBQ sauce I made, using Jim Beam's Red Stag, for the last 30 minutes. Melted in your mouth and just had an amazing sweet-smokey flavor! That pork belly didn't last 10 minutes, before the crew cleared the tray.

Anyone else have a favorite pork belly smoking method/recipe?

Holy crap that looks good. I'm a newbie belly cooker.....you just cook and eat as is? You don't need to fry it like bacon? Sorry for the rookie questions...

I pulled it off the smoker and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, then sliced It down. If you really wanted, you could slice it and throw it in a skillet for some crispiness, but I loved it just as it was. I cut it a little thinner than you would with a brisket.

Yeah that thing looks amazing... Too bad I never see pork belly around here. I might be able to get it from a specialty butcher if I called up a week or two in advance.

That looks great. Haven't done a pork belly yet. What temp did you take it to?

@LYU370:

Hate to admit it, but I didn't even check. I was more looking at the color and taking a stab in the dark. Anyone else have a good temperature rule of thumb for pork belly?

Back