Reaction score
Four Q BBQ Team
Greater Los Angeles, CA

Team Members:
Neil Strawder (Bigmista) - Head Cook
Sylvia Curry (Sylvie) - Real Person in charge
Shuji Sakai (Professor Salt) - Blade Master
Luis Ramirez (BBQ Junkie) - Wild Card

Bio: http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/index.php?title=CBBQA_Member_Team_-_Four_Q_BBQ_Team#Awards

We are starting out 3rd year of competiton and we are willing to share what we know. We are always known as "Party Central" or "BBQ Town" so unless you are a stick in the mud, you will have a great time with us!

We have space for one or two volunteers. If you are willing to work, we will answer every question you have to the best of our ability. If you just want to sit around and drink our beer, well...your still welcome but we won't teach you anything. Just being honest.

Our 3 upcoming contests are

March 1st - Backyard at the Rocke (Garden Grove, CA)
April 19th - Wishland's Que'n for Kids (Orange County, CA)
May 3-4 - 2nd Annual Stagecoach Music Festival (Indio, CA)

Post here if you are interested. We would love to have you!

Jeez I may have ta sign up

This is a GREAT Group of folks
Any newbie would be very lucky to be
selected to be their Dishwasher

I'll teach ya to make brisket if you teach me to be a good board member. Or at least a memorable one.

Bigmista - Since Thom seems to think working a catering job is better for his pocketbook than cooking at the Backyard 3.5, I am free to work/help/learn from another team. If you need an extra set of hands let me know. =)

Cool Tim! Come on out! We could defintely use the help!

I would be happy to help out if you ever get up north. Of course once you do, you won't want to go back!! NUTZ

Cool Tim! Come on out! We could defintely use the help!

You got it brother! Sign me up. :cool:

Let me know if there is anything I can bring to help out.
I'll PM you my contact info on the CBBQA forums.

Welcome, potential mentor-ees. Mentees? Mentos? Manatees. Yeah, that's it.

Whatever. Welcome. Now please clean my cooker before we get started.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks to SmokerTim for coming out to help even though he got pressed into judging. We appreciate your effort!

We will be competing in the Golden State Championship in Hesperia On June 27-28. If you are interested in tagging along, helping us cook, hand out samples and get a trophy or two, let us know. Only two of the Q's will be there so an extra hand would be great...

wow an invite to cook with the Mayor. I wish I wasnt compeating against you or I would come help.

We will be competing in the Golden State Championship in Hesperia On June 27-28. If you are interested in tagging along, helping us cook, hand out samples and get a trophy or two, let us know. Only two of the Q's will be there so an extra hand would be great...

Count me in Neil ,

I'd like to help and learn.
and considering that Hesperia is so close, how can I resist

Rich

Sylvie and I really enjoyed having Hook Line and Sinker and Star-B-Que out helping us last weekend at Hesperia. I hope they learned something (or at least what not to do) and will keep coming to competitions.

Back