Beef Chuck Short Ribs - wrap in butcher paper

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Going to try my hand with chuck short ribs this weekend - have two racks (4 ribs each) - each rack weight about 4.5 pounds.

Plan on cooking them around 250 or so - am i looking at around 6 to 7 hours to cook. Also, should I wrap them when the IT gets to around 160 - and plan on taking them to an internal temp of 195/200 - or until they probe like butter.

That is a good plan. Go until they probe like butter as opposed to by internal temperature.

I did some of the chuck short ribs the other week and they were so friggin good!

Thank you - am I close on the time estimate - about 5 to 6 hours? Just trying to get a approximate time so I can plan the rest of the meal.

Cook till they probe like butter.
I have taken to wrapping my beef short ribs in some foil with some sauce when they start getting tender.

I cooked some the other week and was surprised that they were done in about 3.5 hours. I cooked at about 275 as I recall

I beleive my timing for the ribs was close to the 6ish hour range including rest time. I rested for two hours and I also went nekkid the entire cook

I would plan on a bit longer than 6 hours; I have had some that took close to 8 and some less. They are soo goood.

Back