Best BBQ in Nashville?

scayne62

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am headed to Nashville for work this weekend, where is the best place to eat BBQ while I am there?

My Kid tells my Peg leg Porker on Gleaves is almost as good as her Daddys, but she's my Kid so she has to say that....

My Kid tells my Peg leg Porker on Gleaves is almost as good as her Daddys, but she's my Kid so she has to say that....

What? About Peg Leg Porker, or about Daddy? If the former, then I understand. If the latter, then I don't. From what I've heard and seen, bias don't even come into play with your cookin'...:mrgreen::thumb:

Oh, and another vote for Martin's. STAY AWAY FROM NEELY'S!!! If they're still open. I think they closed up here in Memphis, and we're their home town...

Jacks BBQ on Broadway or the new location on Charlotte Pike is very very good! Great sides as well..you will not be disappointed.

Nashville can be hit and miss on the bbq. The best "country cooking" in Nashville is at Arnold's on 8th Ave. Outside of Martin's (which is actually in Nolensville and not Mt. Juliet) Arnold's would be my choice for a Southern style meal here.

Nashville can be hit and miss on the bbq. The best "country cooking" in Nashville is at Arnold's on 8th Ave. Outside of Martin's (which is actually in Nolensville and not Mt. Juliet) Arnold's would be my choice for a Southern style meal here.

Nolansville is the one I was talking about. Just looked it up. Thanks for the correction.

It's at 7238 Nolansville Road. Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint is the actual name.

Chances are if your gonna be in Nashvegas your gonna be in Tootsies, Stumble a few doors down and hit Jacks. Great BBQ to soak up some of the Budweiser!

Actually, we do have a Martin's BBQ in Mt. Juliet...opened last month and it is dee lish us!

Martins in Nolandsville, their pulled pork was the best I had ever had. The ribs and brisket were decent, but nothing like the pulled pork for flavor and tenderness. If I ever find myself back in the Nashville area I guarantee you that I will find myself back to Martins again.

Martins in Nolandsville, their pulled pork was the best I had ever had. The ribs and brisket were decent, but nothing like the pulled pork for flavor and tenderness. If I ever find myself back in the Nashville area I guarantee you that I will find myself back to Martins again.

Pretty sure their pulled pork is whole hog

Martin's does whole hogs on the weekend I think. I've been traveling to Nashville a lot recently and have eaten at most of the places listed (except haven't tried Peg Leg yet, mean to this week) and Martin's is the best I've had. Well worth the drive if you have the time. I've yet to have anything bad there.

Y'all were not a kiddin, that was some kick@ss BBQ at Martins, I was order #1 for the day, I got the big Momma Sampler, 1/4lb prok, 1/4lb of brisket, and 4 bones of ribs. I was really impressed with the quality of their meat and I could taste the "love" in their BBQ as opposed to alot of other "BBQ" joints these days.

Back