Creekstone Brisket Prices

huminie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the price keeps going up and up?

Last year they were $70 shipped. Then they upped them to $80 shipped.

Now, you have 3 size choices:

12-14lbs - $89.99
14-16lbs - $99.99
16-18lbs - $109.99

The size choice is good...but anyway you look at it the price has gone up another $10 to $30 per brisket.

Probably a supply and demand thing...lots of folks ordering so they will see how much they can squeeze out of them.

When the price was just $20 or so over locally sourced choice it was a no brainer...now it is 2x+ for an unseen product there is considerable cause for pause.

The price per pound is actually less as the brisket get larger, that being said, yes the price of brisket has risen and will continue to, the loss to the corn crop due to the heat and drought will continue to drive beef prices higher over the duration of the year.

The price per pound is actually less as the brisket get larger, that being said, yes the price of brisket has risen and will continue to, the loss to the corn crop due to the heat and drought will continue to drive beef prices higher over the duration of the year.

good points, and supply and demand will work against us too.. but what can you do? If you want quality meat to be competive every chance you get, you got to pay the price.

If someone is going to pay close to half the price of the entry fee for one brisket, they might as well go all in and shell out for Wagyu. IMHO

Keep in mind these prices are going to continue to go up. With the severe drought conditions and the corn crop being so poor and the hay fields being dormant, feeding these critters is only going to go up. When the price to feed them go, we as consumers will pay for it. I personally think the next 6-12 months we are going to see pricing some of us have never seen in our lifetime. BBQ is going to get a lot more expensive!

It’s called Inflation. Prices on virtually everything are going up, or the packages are shrinking in size.

Never seemed to make a lot of sense to charge the same price for a 12lb vs 18lb. I like that I dont have to special request size by email with this new pricing method.

Anyone else notice the price keeps going up and up?

Last year they were $70 shipped. Then they upped them to $80 shipped.

Now, you have 3 size choices:

12-14lbs - $89.99
14-16lbs - $99.99
16-18lbs - $109.99

The size choice is good...but anyway you look at it the price has gone up another $10 to $30 per brisket.

Probably a supply and demand thing...lots of folks ordering so they will see how much they can squeeze out of them.

When the price was just $20 or so over locally sourced choice it was a no brainer...now it is 2x+ for an unseen product there is considerable cause for pause.

Sizes have been inconsistent...I have gotten briskets from 12lbs through 22lbs with them, so consistency here will be a good thing.

Price increase within a month of my starting to use this company really sucks. I guess I am lucky ask I have bought 6 in the last month. One 15, one 19 and four 17/18.

To find out about the price increase here and not get an email notification is really a turn off.

Time to take a really serious look at Wagyu by the case from a local meat wholesaler.

All I can say is, get used to it. All meat prices will be going up by 20-40% by December if we don't get out of this drought. Most of the damage has been done to the crops already. So I'm thinking we may be dealing with increased prices until at least this time next year.

One thing that has caused the cost to go up was when they quit using the Fatty Tissue for ground beef. This caused the suppiers to grind briskets. Not the only reason but it is one cause.

The size breakdown is a good thing. The prices are part of doing business now with the drought. I agree with everyone we're going to see this for awhile. in many cases it's too late for rain to help.

Somewhat related question -- when you order your briskets from Creekstone, are they arriving fresh or frozen? I had ordered two a couple of months ago that came flash frozen and packed in dry ice, but my more recent order of one was fresh and packed in ice packs.

We've begged them to offer a choice of sizes and now they've done it and I for one am happy about it. Yes they've upped the price but now I can get exactly what I want with a couple clicks. Also, this includes shipping which is pretty pricey.

We've begged them to offer a choice of sizes and now they've done it and I for one am happy about it. Yes they've upped the price but now I can get exactly what I want with a couple clicks. Also, this includes shipping which is pretty pricey.

I would add too, that this time of the year and earlier, it's incredibly tough to find large briskets. It's nice to get an order straight from the source, that picks out the better ones for competitors, before shipping out to the masses. That is worth some money to me too. It beats buying a case of 6 with only a couple that are decent for competition.

12-14lbs - $89.99
14-16lbs - $99.99
16-18lbs - $109.99

As others have said, all meat pricings are going up. Creekstone may also be aligning themselves with their competition. The SRF pricing is about the same, and with SRF being sold out a couple of times this year, they must feel the market demand is high enough to support the increases.

The single, most significant reason for the non-stop increases in brisket prices is:

Tuffy Stone

And I would guess that the single person least affected by the price increases is:

(Are you ready for this?)

Tuffy Stone

He has (thanks to BBQ Pitmasters Season One) created a monster product for SRF.

:clap2:

And we pay the price if we want to be competitive. (At least that is the perception that I and many carry.)

I was talking to one of the few people I would refer to as a Pitmaster about his Brisket.

He was struggling (if you can call it that) on a newer cooker with brisket and he mentioned he was "turning the corner." Come to find out this meant replacing RD Superior with Wagyu.

Nothing negative intended here.

Just my rant.

In October 2010 I purchased my first Wagyu for the Jack. It was $75 shipped and it was beautiful!

Last edited:
I hate to be the deal breaker here, but Beef price are absolutely collapsing right now because they is a huge rush to sell and reduce herd sizes before the high feed prices hit later this summer. I make a living trading and analysing the markets, currently the pattern on Feeder cattle is in a total free-fall as can be seen on the chart below!
June 11th Feeders topped out at $1.61lb, currently we are looking at $1.35lb.
beef.png

Back