Pastrami

Oh yea your recipe is definitely needed!

Looks awesome. :clap2:

Looks great but that was kinda like a tease..... Did you start with a corn beef or do your own? Did you just open the can of beans and that was that? Good beans, though!

sorry bout that, yes I started with a 3 1/2 # Corned Beef Brisket that I got on sale after St Patty's (glad I bought 3 of them). Soaked in water, crushed peppercorns, and potatoes for a couple days to leach some of the salt out.

I Used a pastrami rub recipe that I modified slightly (we can't help ourselves) that I really liked. Basically, lots of salt, cracked black, paprika (some smoked), brown sugar, ground mustard, and Corriander.

Smoked with Apple/Black Walnut (50/50) at 225 on my Daniel Boone till internal hit 160, then foiled and brought it up to 195. Took a little over 4 hours, let it rest for an hour still wrapped in tin in a cooler, then sliced it up in approx 1/8" pieces. A deli slicer is on the list of things to get, but that Fieri knuckle Chef's knife did a pretty nice job of it..

Just let the chicken go at 225 for 5 hours till the juice ran clear and it was perfect. I used some of the leftover pastrami rub which complimented it nicely. I always cook my beans in the can, but add a quartered shallot and 2 extra pieces of bacon (there is NEVER enough).

Then just made my sammy's with lightly buttered Rye Bread, thousand island dressing, fresh canned kraut from my neighbors garden, inglehoffer stone ground mustard (awesome stuff), a few pieces of the meat and grilled it up on the flat top like a grilled cheese.

Just wish there was more leftover, barely enough for a third sandwich! tasty stuff, highly recommend it.

Shoot forgot the picture of the Mooink Balls.

Back