Yep, it's smoked what you think it is.

I have nothing funny, poignant, or helpful to say. So, I'll just post something here.

I agree that we should name Meat Burners dish. How about Eggs Spamedict.
:tsk:

Or, "Invisible meat with invisible chicken eggs"

Oh, Chris, I have seen it done. Yea, it is unbelievable but it has happened, really, I have seen it done.

Wow - there's 15 mins I'll never get back. Although, unfortunately, after reading this thread I'm actually considering buying some spam just to see what it is - never had it before - most meat in a can scares me...

Wow - there's 15 mins I'll never get back. Although, unfortunately, after reading this thread I'm actually considering buying some spam just to see what it is - never had it before - most meat in a can scares me...

Do not concern yourself with what Spam is for that will lead you down a road of darkness and disappointment. Instead, focus on what Spam can be and ye shall achieve enlightenment.

I think I had spam one time as a kid but dont really remember... I'm also considering picking up a can... But ALL meat that comes in a can scares me!

SPAM lasts forever.

Tis true:

What is the shelf life of a Hormel Foods product in an unopened can?

The processing techniques utilized by Hormel Foods makes the canned product safe for use indefinitely if the product seal remains intact, unbroken and securely attached to a can that has been well maintained. It is suggested that all canned products be stored in a cool and dry environment to keep the flavor adequately preserved. For maximum flavor it is recommended that the product be used within three years of the manufacturing date. After that period of time, the product is still safe to use however, the flavor gradually declines.

After 3 years just use more rub.

SPAM lasts forever.

I wondered about this so I did a little research of the half life of spam and here is what I discovered:

Spam half-life is the period of time it takes for spam undergoing decay to decrease by half. The name was originally used to describe a characteristic of unstable spam atoms, but it may apply to any ground pressed hog product which follows a set-rate decay.
The original term, dating to 1907, was "spam half-life period", which was later shortened to "spam half-life" in the early 1950s.
Spam half-lives are very often used to describe spam quantities undergoing exponential decay - for example radioactive spam decay—where the half-life is constant over the whole life of the spam decay, and is a characteristic unit (a natural unit of scale) for the exponential spam decay equation. However, a spam half-life can also be defined for non-exponential spam decay processes, although in these cases the spam half-life varies throughout the decay process. For a general introduction and description of exponential spam decay, see the article on exponential spam decay in The Spam Scientific Journal. For a general introduction and description of non-exponential spam decay, see the article on spam rate law in the same publication. Corresponding to sediments and condiments in environmental processes, if the spam half-life is greater than the spam residence time, then the radioactive spam nuclide will have enough time to significantly alter the concentration, unless said spam has been rubbed and smoked for 10 hours at 250. The converse of spam half-life is spam doubling time.

That should clear up and remaining questions about how long spam will last. :thumb:

Back