• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

uds virgin

chickin lips

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Just got done seasoning my uds i built after 6months of trying to figure out how i wanted to build it, started with about 7or8lbs of charcoal,6 peices of hickory and couple fattys which took me forever to figure out what the heck you guys was talkin about, i had know idea what a fatty was, it is 30 degrees here so i was curious how it would do at low temps, after a couple hours watching it just sit at 225 i added more charcoal and opened more vents up top and she hit 300 which was what i was wanting to season her good, wiped the inside with veg oil before the burn. I took the fattys off at about 3 hrs and internal temp was 168, dogs loved them i didnt trust the 1st burn enough to eat it anyway,now that i got her nice and black inside i cant wait till next weekend, shes still out there burning at 300, been 6hrs now and all i can say is wow these things are very easy to smoke in, i figured it would be a booger to keep temp where i wanted but not at all and in 30 degree weather. U guys gave me lots of pointers on stuff before i even started building it, so thanks. will post pics soon.

Welcome to the world of UDS's!:grin:

I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years and I love it. I just finished my mini WSM and that little cooker is just as great for smaller cooks.

That dawg and I would have been scrapin over that Fatty:boxing:

Now your dog is going to think your cooking for him all the time . :doh:
For me still the best all around smoker/grill there is. I think I have mine finally modified to where I won't change anything any more.....maybe :mrgreen:

Just finished my first UDS cook and I have to say I am impressed. Set my temp at 260deg 10 hours ago and it is still running smoothly at 260deg using about 8lbs of KBB charcoal and hickory chucks. Some of the best pulled pork I have eaten. Good luck to you and can't wait to see and hear about your future cook.

I would have ate them. No probs.

I seasoned mine and tossed a fattie on as well as some Echrich sausage. The sausage almost didn't make it to the house and the fattie was gone as soon as the slices hit the plate.

Working on Virgin UDS

Burned my barrel and lid. The lid warped quite a bit. Is there a "best way" to bring it back in to shape? I used weed burner to do the burn.

Back