• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burgers on the Akorn

Deslock

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am doing somewhat of a "stay-cation" this week so it gives me more time to cook, and today it was burgers over the Akorn & fries (made by the girlfriend). Usually I just cook 'em over the fire but decided to use my diffuser to double up as a grease catcher & they came out great, they started out as 1/2lb burgers but as you can see they did shrink up a bit, not too greasy/juicy & not to dry. The example of the finished product below includes swiss cheese, pickles, and a couple dabs of sriracha sauce for a little kick.
Enjoy the photos, I'll enjoy the burger.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 281
Burger is my favorite cut of beef.

Looks grand.

I am doing somewhat of a "stay-cation" this week so it gives me more time to cook, and today it was burgers over the Akorn & fries (made by the girlfriend). Usually I just cook 'em over the fire but decided to use my diffuser to double up as a grease catcher & they came out great, they started out as 1/2lb burgers but as you can see they did shrink up a bit, not too greasy/juicy & not to dry. The example of the finished product below includes swiss cheese, pickles, and a couple dabs of sriracha sauce for a little kick.
Enjoy the photos, I'll enjoy the burger.

I got a plate just like your's: the square japanese/mexican looking one :) I bought it from walmart because I wanted some cool serving plates for various food.

Looks good, I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!

I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!
If you check JM's kamado site you find a lot of folks who still love em. I own one but prefer my UDS. They are a great grill/smoker, some deal with maintaining low temps, I just did some simple fixes and now I can control the temps easily, just like the UDS. I mostly use mine for searing burgers/steaks or extra smoking room when required.

Nice lookin burgers/fries

Looks good, I haven't seen nearly as many Akorn posts as I used to. I was wondering if the love for them had died down after owning them a while!

Thank you! I love my Akorn, it's my first kamado & so glad to have gotten the experience with it, it's also how I found this site through the Akorn Mega-thread off google.

If you check JM's kamado site you find a lot of folks who still love em. I own one but prefer my UDS. They are a great grill/smoker, some deal with maintaining low temps, I just did some simple fixes and now I can control the temps easily, just like the UDS. I mostly use mine for searing burgers/steaks or extra smoking room when required.

Nice lookin burgers/fries

Pretty much, & thanks. :becky:

Nope, we're just too busy cooking on them.

This man speaks truff :thumb:

I got a plate just like your's: the square japanese/mexican looking one :) I bought it from walmart because I wanted some cool serving plates for various food.

Heh, those are the GF's, she has a whole set of bowls & plates, I have really gotten used to em now but always affraid I'll break one. :doh:

Back