Rotisserie Chicken Appreciation Thread (pron)!

My first rotisserie chicken.
DSC03975.jpg

Sorry, you lost your best friend.

I am going to get another rotisserie. ring and all. I had one but didn't really appreciate what I had and kinda destroyed it all.

That was really nice of your friend to do that sorry for the loss. Also some great looking pics posted here ............

Yep, I love beer can chicken and smoked chicken, but my absolute favorite is rotisserie chicken. Inject the bird and cover with Plowboys Yardbird rub and you have a winner. I want to do a turkey on it at some point. With the Hasty-Bake I raise the grate up once it hits 150ish to really crisp the skin.

Last edited:
I recently got the Weber Rot and did a pair of chix on there. Amazing! Do you smoke your rot chicken? If so, what wood do you use?

I recently got the Weber Rot and did a pair of chix on there. Amazing! Do you smoke your rot chicken? If so, what wood do you use?

Yea I think everyone pretty much does put smoking wood in with their charcoal(apple or fruit woods) are great with chicken.

The vast majority of my roti is done over wood splits not charcoal...usually oak but i have some cherry and use maple also.

If you don't have a rotisserie basket for the spit I highly recommend getting one. They are good for everything from burgers, brats, wings, thighs, pork steaks, csr's ...the list goes on

I don't know if some would consider my method actual "rotisserie" chicken. But I think it meets the classification. I hang a chicken on a string, underneath is a hot fire. I spin the chickens around, therefor they rotate, so it must be rotisserie chicken.
IMG_0480_zpsxka9zcmu.jpg

IMG_0483_zpsu6moo0go.jpg

I don't know if some would consider my method actual "rotisserie" chicken. But I think it meets the classification. I hang a chicken on a string, underneath is a hot fire. I spin the chickens around, therefor they rotate, so it must be rotisserie chicken.
IMG_0480_zpsxka9zcmu.jpg

IMG_0483_zpsu6moo0go.jpg
That is truly hillbilly redneck and I love it!

Back