Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Actually, Santa Claus House is just south of North Pole on the AK highway, if I remember my geography correctly from living nearby 30 years ago.
There were no good places to stop between Delta Junction and Fairbanks back then except for the Elf's Den (pizza). In fact, there were no places back then for a quick stop.
Good luck with your new venture. Keep us posted.

Man, if you could hook up with any of the tour bus traffic (thinking there must be some) you could hit the ground running and know when your "rush hour" would be and how big!

Sounds like a great adventure, will be watching.

Congrats and best of luck!:thumb::thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
I not moving it to Glenallen thats for sure :shock: I'll keep Valdez in the back of my mind for when I franchise out :biggrin1: You need to make it up and spend a little more time then last trip, at least stop by grab a sandwich. BS and have a beer with me.

Well, looking into our trip now. I think I might come up a few days early with the girlfriend but we would probably fly into Anchorage since it is cheaper. Will have to see if we can make it up to the North Pole.

Slow and Small want to keep it easy and fast. pulled pork, shredded beef, smash burgers(not right off the bat thou), then chips, slaw, beans(working on a good cost effective recipe still) and frys.

I will have the GF give you some tips. She manages this place :thumb:

smashburger460.jpg

• Thanks
Good luck. I have something similar in mind but food stands like that are few and far between here and ones that close are even fewer.

• Thanks
SWEET :thumb::clap:

Best of luck on your plans...... Can't wait to see what you come up with :grin:

• Thanks
Well spent all afternoon working with a tow truck, Got it moved and in position!! cleaned the Junk off the outside and all the extra crap out of the insides. Sat will start fixing the damage from the move and cleaning it!!

On back of truck
20130404122736529.jpg

Starting to get Nervous
2013040413190456.jpg

Was sweating bullets at this point
20130404131913524.jpg

On spot
20130404145609204.jpg

That is awesome. Livin' the dream. Congrats. I'll be sure to stop by when we're up that way. Surprisingly the kid wants to see Alaska...the wife not so much!

• Thanks
Best of luck on your journey, I've always dreamed of doing something like that! :thumb: If I ever find myself in North Pole, Alaska, I'll stop in for some Q! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

• Thanks
Looking good. As you start redoing things, let me know if I can bring anything up from KC to help decorate. Hell, you could probably put a call out the the brethren and get all sorts of stuff sent to you.

• Thanks
Looking good. As you start redoing things, let me know if I can bring anything up from KC to help decorate. Hell, you could probably put a call out the the brethren and get all sorts of stuff sent to you.

That is a great Idea! I've would have thought about it!!

spent 8 hrs workin in the lovely spring weather -3F but got alot accomplished. Inside got a real good cleaning. Ready to be painted with Kilz. Outside got lot of work as well.... pulled about a 1000 brad nails that were popping out. Screwed all the T1-11 siding that was popping out. Replaced some damage T1-11, installed 2 new floor joists(damaged during the move). Electrician came out looked at everything said I was in pretty good shape just some minor stuff he'll work on for me.

My son cleaning the shelves and wall

20130406121057672.jpg

It was so cold all the cleaning products so ran 2 big time heaters 175k BTU's(350k BTU total) to get the Shack warm enough then one to keep it warm

201304061211090.jpg

20130406121134251.jpg

Me workin

20130406155514610.jpg

New Floor Joists and T1-11 inplace

20130406163733411.jpg

Excellent thread! I love to see someone fulfilling a dream. Best of luck to you. How is the shack heated?

• Thanks
Back