Comfort food for a cold night...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, I have a confession...

Brothers, I wimped out. Instead of being a true Brethren and cooking outside in 0 degree weather, I cooked in the oven :oops:

But, it was still good! Two pounds of ground sirloin and one pound of ground turkey, an egg, a packet of Lipton Onion and Mushroom soup mix, some ketchup, some A1 and some sauted onion, carrots and garlic. Cooked at 350 until it was 165 internal, glazed with 50/50 ketchup and brown sugar.

P4120218.JPG
P4120220.JPG

Served with mashed potatoes, white and yellow corn and gravy.

P4120221.JPG

looks great from here. ml is on the top of my list but just under oriental noodle soup with some spam and an egg thrown in.

Good loking meat loaf Ron - that is a great looking plate of comfort....

Dang it Ron, I forgive ya. :-D Looks soooo gooood!

Not wimping out, Ron! You just got sense. I think my LOins would even freeze in that temp :shock:

Comfort food for sure, Ron. I wouldn't go out in 0 degree weather either.:shock: That's too freaking cold for me. I'd hit a plate!

Outstanding looking comfort meal RonL.
Almost made a meat loaf yesterday but changed my mind.

Wow..looks great.

I been wanting meat loaf for a while but Mrs Mafia seems to always take me in another direction. I going to have to cook one anyway as your pics look too good.

I've been cooking outdoors. I just don't understand how you could think it's too cold to cook. I even rode my bike yesterday in a tee shirt and jeans. It was only 71 degrees, too. BRRR

Nice plate Ron. Mac & Cheese w/diced smoked ham is my favorite comfort food, but your meat loaf sure provides a good argument... See ya Tuesday!

I've been cooking outdoors. I just don't understand how you could think it's too cold to cook. I even rode my bike yesterday in a tee shirt and jeans. It was only 71 degrees, too. BRRR

Nice plate Ron. Mac & Cheese w/diced smoked ham is my favorite comfort food, but your meat loaf sure provides a good argument... See ya Tuesday!

Smart A$$ -:D

See you on Tuesday!

Back