• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dutch Oven Chili

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I know for my first Pron Post its not traditional BBQ but I did use a Brisket ;) I get a lot of odd looks from a butcher when I ask them to Chili Grind a Choice brisket for me but I won't do my chili any other way. Texture and flavor maker.

The 3 Habaneros you see in the "chili in the raw" image are home grown Jamaican Chocolates. They are about 2 to 3 times hotter than the ones you'd buy at the store. My buddy and I basically grow the 5 hottest peppers in the world, I'm the crazy one that eats them and he grow them. We take the bulk, dry em and make powders and sauces. So yes, some of my smoke gets a little spicy but I digress.

Thought I would share as this is the first cook I've done since joining the forums. Hope y'all enjoy.

IMG_6014_zps13e20261.jpg

IMG_6018_zps0da2bde1.jpg

Where's the beans? :boxing: :wink:

Looks good! Well done!

LOL sorry - really chili to me has no beans ;) Besides my wife hates it when I eat beans! hahaha
LOL,Ive heard true Texas chilli has no beans.I made probally the best chilli I ever made tonight and I used so habenero sauce,boy o boy did it add a kick,lol.

Looks great though

Great Looking Grub!!

With the weather cooling down, chili is moving up the "to-do" list.
Wish I could cook some that looks that YUMMY.

TIM

I'll post it up when I get home ... fun part is figuring out the measurements ;) I've made it enough now that its more of an eye balling it out. One thing I will say is I like my chili spicy! Some don't. For this batch I cooked up 10lbs of Chili Ground Brisket and after cooking it all up split it in half. One half left boring (kind of spicy) and the other half - I brought the BOOM and dropped in extra Habanero, some homemade 7-Pod Brain Strain sauce (sauce made by my buddy Craig - he smoked the peppers - awesomeness).

Yes I am crazy about peppers! Link to a blog video post of me eating what is now the 2nd hottest pepper in the world!
http://texashotpeppers.blogspot.com/2012/03/eating-bhut-jolokia.html

I like beans in my chili I made some Sat I have to stop on the way home to buy to cans of crushed tomatoes to add to it as I made it too hot for my wife to eat Need to try to make it less spicy by adding some tomatoes

Back