Wicked Good Lump $10

I am so jealous right now. $10 is less than half of what I pay for WGC. I keep WGC on hand, but only use it for special cooks. Simple stuff like burgers either get Lazzari, Kingsford Comp, Stubbs or whatever I found on special.

I assume those bags are around 20 lbs each?

22# bags

Thanks savageford. And thanks for the original tip! I've already called my local OSJL and unless your open bag is a disaster I'll be picking up multiple bags tonight.

Thanks savageford. And thanks for the original tip! I've already called my local OSJL and unless your open bag is a disaster I'll be picking up multiple bags tonight.

I will let you know shortly after 5 what it looks like.

Which OSJL did you goto, one in Westfield?? I gotta check the Palmer one before Fatback Joe clears it out. And today of all days i bring my motorcycle to work. Crap!!! There better some left tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up. heading over to the local Ocean State job lot to see what i can get.

Which OSJL did you goto, one in Westfield?? I gotta check the Palmer one before Fatback Joe clears it out. And today of all days i bring my motorcycle to work. Crap!!! There better some left tomorrow.

Yes, Westfield

If you guys clear out my local OSJL before I get there I will be very angry! I might even shake a fist at you!

$10 at Ocean State Job Lot

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I checked with my local ACE today. No luck. $19 per bag.

It was worth a shot, though.

Thanks savageford, I appreciate you taking the time to take the pictures.

Has anyone opened up a bag from OSJL? Is there any chance these are "seconds" with lower quality than usual?

I bought one bag to try at my local store. This charcoal is in a paper bag, the last WG I bought was in a Tyvek bag, but that was last year so I have no idea which is the newer packaging. The bags at my store look like they had been crumpled a bit and felt like there was a lot of small pieces in there, but it is hard to tell without opening it. That is the only reason I didn't buy more. I am going to open it up soon and dump it out to look. The WG I have bought in the past has big pieces and very little of the fine chips and dust. I would be happy if this is medium sized chunks. My only fear is to buy a bunch of it and find bags that have been crushed and loaded with small pieces and dust. For some reason I think that Ocean State buys closeouts, etc, but I may be wrong. I know that even if you buy a pallet from WG and pick it up yourself it still not close to $10 bag.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :mrgreen:

PS my wife thought I was crazy when I dumped out the bag and started taking pictures. Here is what was left after I piked out the decent stuff.

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

I have not bought much lump was this worth it?

Back