Wsm 18.5

nexpress

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have finally decided to get a WSM 18.5 and would like to purchase a DigiQ to go with it. Are there any Brethren that are dealers?

I don't know of any Brethren who are dealers in this equipment but I have both and they work really well together... good luck with it!

Look thru Brethren Sales and Ventures. Not sure if any of 'em sell the DigiQ, but I have ordered from a few of these guys and have had all very positive experiences with them. These Brethren are good folks! :thumb:

Nex,

I use the NanoQ and the 4cfm fan with the 18.5. No digital readout and no food probe, but much cheaper and works like a charm.

If none of the brethren sells, you can purchase direct. www.thebbqguru.com

Good luck!

I have looked at the NanoQ but I don't have a meat/pit thermo. So by the time I would buy one it would be about the same as a DigiQ.

I have an 18.5" with the digiQ w/ 10 cfm fan works great. I went with the bigger fan for future upgrade to larger pit, it also works well on my 22.5".

I would recommend that you get the WSM and see if you need the digiq at a leter date. You might figure out you do not need it.

I would recommend that you get the WSM and see if you need the digiq at a leter date. You might figure out you do not need it.

I added an iQue 110 to my 18.5 WSM, and I'm very glad I did.

CD

Yeah if you haven't checked out the ique 110 give it a look. Cost less, has less features, but mine runs my WSM like a charm and that is all I need.

I will also say, like Goldflinger did, to first get the WSM and see if you need a stoker. I had my 22.5 for a few months before I got the ique and it runs great without it. Got the ique for comps as insurance for more sleep :p. Because if you are mostly cooking during the day when you are there it really isn't necessary. Even at night I've set mine and woke up and the biggest drop from 225 when I went to be to when I woke up was 205 and then you just open the vents a little to get it back up.

I hooked the Guru up to my 22.5" WSM and started the Blue K using the Minion method. I set the pit temp to 250F and never had to do a thing until the Baby Backs were done. This is a fantastic product that holds the temps rock solid. The ribs came out great! :thumb:

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

I just got a 22 WSM. I also have a DigiQ for my UDS and just love it. I ordered the adapter tonight for the WSM. How do you run your pit/food probes inside the WSM?

The iQue 110 seems nice doesn't have the bells and whistles of the DigiQ but that doesn't matter to me. I am going to do what Goldflinger suggests and give it a run or 2 without the controller first to see how it goes.

The iQue 110 seems nice doesn't have the bells and whistles of the DigiQ but that doesn't matter to me. I am going to do what Goldflinger suggests and give it a run or 2 without the controller first to see how it goes.

That's an excellent idea. You will learn to control the pit on your own, which IMO is important no matter what pit you are cooking on. I cooked several times on my WSM before I bought the guru as well. The pit is fully capable without a temp controller.

That's an excellent idea. You will learn to control the pit on your own, which IMO is important no matter what pit you are cooking on. I cooked several times on my WSM before I bought the guru as well. The pit is fully capable without a temp controller.

Amen, Brother.....my thoughts exactly. I want to know how and why a pit behaves and learn it. I picked up a free curb side COS a few weeks back and have been having a ball learning its "ways". A lot of folks would not have a desire to do that but to me its a challenge to get good Q off a free pit!

I am not much into the add ons when a pit can produce bone stock like a WSM can! :clap2:

I have found one on CL. Comes with cover 2 chimneys and 100#'s of Kingsford blue for 175.00. I think it is the old model it has a round knob on the silver cover instead of the handle. Does anyone know if this style has a thermo in the lid?

Back