View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #38
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Yeah. That is exactly the problem when shopping for these things. I think there is a lot more to it. Probably differences in metal gears or plastic gears. Maybe it is a difference between Peak hp and continuous hp. I've found with items like these, you just can't rely on the specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
The main difference isn't just the aluminum / stainless construction, but size and design as well. The more expensive unit is heavy duty and weighs almost twice as much.

According to reviews the cheaper one has plastic gears, while the heavy duty has metal gears.. Review

I do not know as I do not have the cheaper model. Personally I would spend the extra for the heavy duty model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
I have the cheaper LEM and love it. The body isn't stainless, but I have not found that to be an issue. The most I have ground is 10 lb at any one time and that has been effortless. You can get up to 1/2" plate size and two grades of stainless ones if you want.

I have only used it since Christmas so have no long term experience with it.
Thanks guys I knew I was missing something.

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote