cabinet style smoker

pull_my_butt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
You guys have any suggestions on a good cabinet style smoker? I think I'm liking them more than the barrel style smokers because you have more racks and easy open door to add fuel and turn meats.

By the way, I did see one but it was an electric smoker. Has anyone ever used an electric style smoker like a charcoal smoker? Can this be done successfully?

Thanks.

Look at Spicewine . Good build quality and puts outs some great bbq , I enjoy mine .
Backwoods is another to look at....

Yep... Spicewine cookers are made by a Brother. Backwoods are good and several Brothers sell these. Superior Smokers is back and run by a Brother. Stumps, and Rebel are also very good. Also, the Pitmaker Vault and Safe have gotten good reviews.

Another option is a pellet smoker like the Cookshack FEC-100.

Cookshack also makes some electric smokers. They work, but it is very easy to over smoke with them. The heat is provide by an electric heating element and the wood is for smoke, but it smolders, so the smoke isn't as clean.

So what are the differences between the gravity feed types like Superior Smokers and manual fed types like Backwoods, other than how the fuel gets to the firebox?

I want me a backwoods because I like the water pan I like the stumps baby too, I don't know anything about the others just got to research them all and make the best decision you can good luck brother

Well...within the price range of a backyard BBQ enthusiast not for commercial use or a price range into the thousands.

What are you looking to spend ? That is whats going to be your deciding factor.

Although , not really a cabinet style smoker , take a look at a WSM . Weber smoky mountain smoker , best bang for your buck.....

Last edited:
Back