Thanks Jacked Up BBQ!

Diver

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
While we were talking at Pork in The Park this year, you handed me a shaker of rub to try. I knew it was good stuff on ribs but had been hesitant to change my comp routine. Well, this past weekend, at the Beach Boogie and BBQ festival, we decided to use it and our ribs took 1st place! Our first win in any category!!

My son was responsible for ribs at this comp. He was already known as the rib king at his high school...there's no stopping him now.

sept62010193.jpg

Now, got anything to help my brisket??? :p

I forgot to mention that one of my guys who never cooked a brisket in his entire life used it in Long Island and took third place. Maybe its just a long island brisket thing!

Any chance the formula will be revealed?

Wow. Didn't mean to stir anything up. I turned into a pretty good straight man for Sled - teed that one right up for him. :-D

I was just thrilled to finally win something! It was a crazy contest. We weren't sure we would make it to Myrtle Beach till the night before with scheduling issues and Hurricane Earl.(We live at the northern Outer Banks of NC) We bought meats on the way down so we went with the ole Sam's Club 3 pack. The middle rack was total crap but the other 2 looked ok. We were using a UDS and we let it get too hot too fast and the ribs were way ahead of schedule. Matter of fact, the best rack was well over done. We scrambled and found some that kind of matched and the texture was ok but were sure we had no chance. We were floored when we heard our name.

Now, where can I get more rub?

I am pretty sure Matt likes..pepper and potato based rubbes like Myras the Bbq fantasim...and.. S.H.I.E.L.D. sauce.:-o

Back