trailer design help

Buckscent

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I plan on doing some catering and I bought a 7 x 20 utility trailer. To have it Hd certified does it need to be closed in? I need help designing the trailer. I have a 10ft smoker so it will have to go down the side of the trailer and that pretty much stops it from being enlosed. I wanted it to go in the front of the trailer longways and have it like a porch then enclose the rest. I would like to put a filding roof on it but I just need ideas

Thanks

I plan on doing some catering and I bought a 7 x 20 utility trailer. To have it Hd certified does it need to be closed in? I need help designing the trailer. I have a 10ft smoker so it will have to go down the side of the trailer and that pretty much stops it from being enlosed. I wanted it to go in the front of the trailer longways and have it like a porch then enclose the rest. I would like to put a filding roof on it but I just need ideas

Thanks

What is a filding roof?

If I have it right each county in Alabama certifies a trailer for vending. Actually I couldn't find anything on a state wide license. Each event is treated as a new license but the cost is very reasonable. Start with the local county HD. Now I did get the paperwork for Mobile county. It says the trailer must be enclosed with mesh to prevent flying insects from getting in. Probably the smoker area can be open but then you can't put anything else there. Need 3 bay sink and hand sink. Also need food handler certificate. And that's just a couple of highlights. All the info you need should be on line at the county website.

I met with my HD yesterday and they were VERY helpful and they gave me enough paperwork to read to keep me busy for a week. In Morgan County we can cook outdoors, prep inside and serve under an awning or EZ-Up as long as we have everything covered and temp is maintained, and use ground cover to keep down dust. Here we follow State laws for all food service. The website is http://adph.org/foodsafety/ , there you can download the rules and study them. But as stated, PLEASE check with YOUR HD before you do anything.

Back