Bbq rub gift set.

Goyo626

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im looking at buying 3-5 rubs as part of a gift basket. I would like to get an overall great pork rub, a spicy/savory rub, a poultry rub, and any other great rub.

Thanks.

I'd suggest either of the above for sure.
Big Poppa has some great rubs I use for pork and I'll be doing a brisket cook in a few days with Oakridge's Black Ops rub.

The rubs I bought on black Friday just came in the mail today :becky: cant go wrong with any of the Simply Marvelous or any Plowboy brand rubs. If a company offers their product in 5lb quantities then it must be a good seller IMHO.

Attachments

• IMG-20131209-00314.jpg
    IMG-20131209-00314.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG-20131130-00280.jpg
    IMG-20131130-00280.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 124
Im looking at buying 3-5 rubs as part of a gift basket. I would like to get an overall great pork rub, a spicy/savory rub, a poultry rub, and any other great rub.

Thanks.

Overall great pork rub - Plowboy yard bird is hard to beat for overall pork use.

Spicy/Savory rub - Simply Marvelous spicy apple rub. Hands down the best spicy rub I have had. Not to spicy that your mouth is on fire, but spicy enough to let you know it is there.

Poultry rub - BigButz Chicken Dust and Plowboy Yardbird

Other great rubs.

Ribs - Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction w/ Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub, and Butchers BBQ Premium rub.

Ive decided to add a couple of sauces one for pork one for chicken is there any particularly superb ones on the Big poppa smoker website?

I just tried a dip of one of the Oakridge rubs and it was quite good, I imagine it is a really good beef rub. My go to rubs...

Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy (everything)
Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple (pork and ribs)
The Rub Company Santa Maria (beef)
The Rub Company BBQ (everything)
Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust, no salt (everything, often with SM Sweet and Spicy)
Dave and Barney's (beef and ribs)

I used to use a lot of Todd's Dirt, it is a good general herb rub, of late, I have been using fresh herbs instead. But, I highly recommend Todd's Dirt as well. Same can be said of Plowboy's Yardbird.

Back