Awesome weekend of grilling

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In love with the combo of smoke & higher temps on the kamado. Friday night while drinking some jack we had an impromptu session of smoking wings; dusted in yardbirds & garlic sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's & apple cider vinegar

Sat was the big day though... 18 holes of golf & trash talking followed by a trip to Costco for some 16oz Ribeyes, a quick nap with my lil boy, then fired up the grill;

1st off Bush's grilling beans added to a caramelized vidala & a 1/2 lb of smoked bacon in a cast iron pan; slow simmer@ 275 on the kamado while we played some corn hole; Next drumsticks marinated in Walkerwood jerk, grilled @375-400, then sauced with same sauce as above. Huge baked potatoes indirect grilled on the Weber then used as holding station for the chicken & beans

Took kamado up to 600 degrees to clean grates then ribeye s on to 125 then foiled & rest for 10 on warm plates

End result, a very happy family & some damn good leftovers :cool:

Thanks Brethern for such awesome info and techniques
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/briansturkie/media/image-5.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
Nice job, Uncblue!

BTW, you can add more than one attachement per post, or you can upload the pictures to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, tinypic or others and include the pictures in your text using the insert image button.

@ Titch - Cornhole is a much safer version of horseshoes...Guess the idea of metal shoes flying around from people with drinks in hand and kids/ladies/dogs seems a little like living on the wild side :crazy:

@ Ron - Thanks...I'm still getting used to the site..I use photobucket and it seems every time I go to upload pics, I have to do it a different way..sometimes the little mt icon works, other times I use the link icon or email icon...sorry for the muliple posts..I'm sure it's a combo of user error and that I post from anywhere from a laptop to ipad to iphone...

Nothing better than having a group of family and friends that are having a blast and talking up a storm, then sit down for dinner and after grace, the table settles into silence b/c they're busy getting their grub on :clap2:

Back