View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit View Post
Thank you... seeing people affected by natural disasters forges a bond like no other.
Saw it first hand cooking with OBR for the flood victims in PA last fall.
Amen Brother!

I joined OBR in Joplin for the very first response, had no idea what I was getting into. Pulled out of there an emotional wreck - the stories I heard, the bonds built, and the people we helped. It was life changing for me. Everyone who was on site are now brothers and sisters - when we meet at contests, there is a special bond and usually a tear shed remembering those we helped in the short time we spent together.

This past weekend I was honored to lead the OBR team responding to the Harveyville, Kansas tornado, while the response was smaller due to the size of the community, we met the needs of the community and the relief workers just as in Joplin.

And to think this was one of four communities OBR touched in the last week, the response was truly remarkable - thinking about all the people that were comforted and fed over the last year is just overwhelming. OBR will continue to grow as will the brotherhood of those who respond, donate, or support their efforts.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->