• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoke In The Valley (PA) 5/15-16???

S

SmokeInDaEye

Anyone know about/signed up for Smoke In Da Valley being held in Green Lane, PA 5/15-16? http://www.glfcbbq.com/. It's a first year contest so just wondering what the setup might be, the area, etc. before signing up.

nada but it sure is close enough. Too bad its not a qualifier. We could be game if you are

Hmmm. Didn't notice it isn't a state qualifier. It still looks like my only viable option between now and mid-July, though. If I can find someone to help out, I'm in.

Clint, I am signed up but dont have much info. Below is an email I got from the organizer on 3/26:

Yes I did recieve your application. There are currently 13 teams signed up including you. I am expecting at least 4 more to come in at this time. The website is www.glfcbbq.com. It is our first, of hopefully many, contests. We have a DJ playing music all day on the 15th and 16th. Possible an open mic night on friday night. Little Red Rooster Blues Band is playing Saturday evening. There will be a beer Garden Fri & Sat. I am working on getting a state championship certification. Hopefully that comes through before the contest. I will be sending out the cooks and Judges packets very shortly. Any other questions please feel free to ask.

The guy seems helpful and usually responds to inquiries in a day or two. Other posts I have seen say the contest area is very nice, but I do not have any personal knowledge on the area. There is a post regarding the contest on the MABBQA forum. Hope this helps and it would be great to see you there.

I figure the open mic is enough to get SIDE to sign on the dotted line!:eusa_clap

I figure the open mic is enough to get SIDE to sign on the dotted line!:eusa_clap

Damn straight! If I can't beat em with my cooking, I'll beat em with my singing! I just printed the application so am most likely on board.

I am signed up for it. Had too it is only about 5 miles from where I live. I have not been to the site but I know that the area is nice. Sites look to be a nice size. I thought that I heard that 21 teams were sigbed up as of 4/3 according to the Mid Atlantic Forum

I am signed up for it. Had too it is only about 5 miles from where I live. I have not been to the site but I know that the area is nice. Sites look to be a nice size. I thought that I heard that 21 teams were sigbed up as of 4/3 according to the Mid Atlantic Forum

Nice! It's going to be a bit of a crazy contest since I have to leave for a wedding in California 2 days later and am most likely doing it solo. If anyone knows any good turn-in box experts willing to lend a hand, I'm paying in beer and cigars!

I will be going there early in the AM to set up. Then have to go with Josh to get ready to go to my oldest sons, George, graduation from his Masters program, and then come back that night to cook. I know what you mean as hectic.

If you are in we will join you. Hopefully he will get his proclamation as he will have enough teams

We'll be there! Heck, I live less than 10 miles away. Having one so close is a real treat.

OK, this is an important contest for me and I'll tell you why...

I'm a fellow that grew up in North Jersey and had the good fortune to spend the decade of his 20s traveling the US of A. After spending 2 years in Youngstown, OH I decided to move to the part of the country that I most loved ~ Vermont. I had a Putney mailing address and knew Curtis well.

Then I met my soul-mate. Unfortunately she lived in Skippack, PA and after a year of long distance relationship I lost and moved down to PA. We rented a house in Harleysville.

It was there, in Harleysville, that I discovered my talent for barbecue. I was in the Harleysville Wal-mart one day and was intrigued by the $28 ECBs, so I bought one. And that started it all for me.

See, all of you that take the Northeast Extension and get off at the Lansdale exit will take Rt. 63 West and will drive within three blocks of where we lived in Harleysville and right past the Wal-mart where my obsession started.

I'll be the fat guy with the big Klose, a red tent and too much beer. Stop by and say hi. We like to smoke a load of chicken wings late on Friday night and everyone is welcome.

Cool. I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like it'll be me, Cigarbque, Smokin Gaynome, and perhaps a cameraman who's coming along for the ride. Can't wait!

I sure do hope you bring alot of beer...:roll:

I'm bringing the official Smoke In Da Eye beertender with several mini kegs and a bunch of cigars.

CIMG0605.jpg

Back