Jack qualifier

I wonder if the one in Des Moines is. I believe the state of Iowa has a blanket Governor proclaimation.

Last edited:
It is noted as a State Championship on KCBS where some of the others aren't.

I do not believe the Wisconsin one is a qualifier , But I also have a vested interest !

I don't think they are. However, if any are, it would only be the local events since they are open entry - but - very limited. The regional and national are INVITATIONAL events and I don't believe they qualify. I know winning a regional doesn't count towards the 7 you need to get an automatic to the Jack because it's an invitational.

However, if any are, it would only be the local events since they are open entry...

Am I mistaken, do you not have to be a KCBS Member to enter a Sam's Contest to cook?

If that is true, how is it an Open entry if I HAVE to be a Member of KCBS?

I did not have to be a Member of KCBS to enter any of the KCBS contest I have been in in the last 10 years.

Am I mistaken, do you not have to be a KCBS Member to enter a Sam's Contest to cook?

If that is true, how is it an Open entry if I HAVE to be a Member of KCBS?

I did not have to be a Member of KCBS to enter any of the KCBS contest I have been in in the last 10 years.

Bently , I asked that question last year and never got an answer.

The same 3 people keep bringing this up, even though you keep getting an answer. Requiring a membership does not make a contest "not open." Any one can compete, you just have to pay $35 more if you aren't a member. Seriously guys, I respect the question, but you've got your answer many times over. Can we leave the rotting corpse of a horse alone?

dmp

EDIT: Let me try this a different way to help people understand: If my next door neighbor called up Troy Black and said "I want to compete in the Sam's Club event in Henderson, TN." The answer would be "No. You can't unless you are invited." If he called him up and said "I want to compete in the local qualifier in Des Moines, IA coming up." The answer would be "Sure! We still have a spot left. You have to be a KCBS member though, so if you aren't, go to KCBS.us, pay, and then register on the correct page." No invitation required there. I hope that explains the difference between an open and an invitational event.

I do not believe the Wisconsin one is a qualifier , But I also have a vested interest !

As do I for Lenexa Kansas ... its not a qualifier since it didn't have 50 teams or a governor's proclaimation. :tsk:

Back