Results from Leesport

MAsQue

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Sixteen teams showed up to compete at the Berk's BBQ Bash in Leesport, Friday and yesterday. Tom and Red ran their usual well-organized contest. The location was beautiful. The only problem (of which I was aware) was that someone's laptop self-destructed, which meant that someone else had to run to a nearby Staples to process the results of the judging. Personally, I put the time waiting for the delayed awards ceremony to good use stuffing my face with some really good Italian ices. The raw data of the scores was not provided, and the formatting was not what I'm used to, so rather than figure it out (lazy; shoot me), I include below only the overall scores and the place listings in the four categories. Brethren teams are highlighted if I could find the name in the list of teams.

Overall Results:

GC - Midnight Smokers 612.5704
RGC - Widespread Pork 604.0002
Ma's Que Crew 604
It's Just BBQ 598.286
Dixie Bones BBQ 597.7142
White Dog BBQ 597.143
Pequea Pullers 593.7142
Lo-n-Slo BBQ 586.2858
Susquehanna Blue Smoke 584.0002
Pigs By The Moon 582.2854
Lumpilicious 580.0006
Windy Acres 570.8572
Jumping Dog BBQ 568
Smokin' Gnome BBQ 553.1426
Smoker's Delight 547.4286
Back Porch BBQ 538.2856

Chicken:

White Dog BBQ
Back Porch BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
It's Just BBQ
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
Midnight Smokers
Windy Acres
Dixie Bones BBQ
Susquehanna Blue Smoke
Widespread Pork
Pequea Pullers
Jumping Dog BBQ
Lumpilicious
Pigs By The Moon
Smoker's Delight
Smokin' Gnome BBQ

Ribs:

Lumpilicious
Widespread Pork
Pequea Pullers
Midnight Smokers
Dixie Bones BBQ
Windy Acres
Smoker's Delight
Ma's Que Crew
Susquehanna Blue Smoke

Jumping Dog BBQ
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
White Dog BBQ
Pigs By The Moon
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
It's Just BBQ
Back Porch BBQ

Pork:

Pigs By The Moon
Jumping Dog BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
Widespread Pork
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
White Dog BBQ
Pequea Pullers
Midnight Smokers
Dixie Bones BBQ
Susquehanna Blue Smoke
Lumpilicious
It's Just BBQ
Windy Acres
Smoker's Delight
Back Porch BBQ

Brisket:

It's Just BBQ
Midnight Smokers
Dixie Bones BBQ
Susquehanna Blue Smoke
Widespread Pork
Pequea Pullers
Ma's Que Crew
White Dog BBQ
Pigs By The Moon
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
Lumpilicious
Jumping Dog BBQ
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
Windy Acres
Smoker's Delight
Back Porch BBQ

Last edited:
Congratulations to all who walked. Third overall is a great result Brian!

I see that Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ placed 8th overall. Wasn't that Tom & Michele? If so congratulations to another Brethren/Sistren team.

Was a great time even though our scores blew other then in pork. I really enjoyed meeting the other Bretheren that were!! P.S. did you try the mango ice? YUMMY

I edited the rankings to high light Lo-n-Slo. The mango ice was real good, but my favorite was the strawberry-kiwi. I thought the lemon was a bit too tart. None of it seemed to help much in my efforts to maintain my slim, girlish figure.

Congrats Brian !!! 3rd place... Nice...

Same to the others..

Interesting how close and relatively low the overall scores were.

Midnight Smokers are on a roll... They took GC at BBQ on the Farm a few weeks ago. I cooked next to Paul at that contest and he made it look like he was barely working..

Thanks for the update !! And all this talk of tropical flavored ices is making me hungry.

...Interesting how close and relatively low the overall scores were.

Midnight Smokers are on a roll... They took GC at BBQ on the Farm a few weeks ago. I cooked next to Paul at that contest and he made it look like he was barely working..

Edited to highlight Widespread Pork, since I see that Jon has added his team to the roster. Congratulations, Jon, on taking Reserve! (By two ten-thousandths of a point, you miserable....:wink:)

Paul was cooking alone this weekend. He does make it look easy.

I noticed the odd spread on the scores, too. Luck of the draw? Lots of teams in NJ? Who knows.

Saw the signs for this on Route 61 - now I wish we had stopped in! Congrats to every one.

It was an awesome time. If they do it again next year I'll have to bring my fishing pole!(and hopefully learn to cook by then:icon_smil )
How do we get the judges scores, were they lost in the computer snafu?

Thanks Brian, that was a close one wasn't it? Surprised the hell outta me, I didn't think a 10th, 2 5th's, and a 2nd would get RSG.
Thanks to Tom, Red, and MABA for another great event, and looking forward to this one again next year with sanctioning. The water ice was great, and thanks to the Gnomes for putting up with our son, Sam. I think he spent as much time over at their site as he did at ours.

Hey Jon, congrats!! Hope to see you guys at another comp. Make sure you bring your chains......Rob

Congratulations to all who walked. Third overall is a great result Brian!

I see that Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ placed 8th overall. Wasn't that Tom & Michele? If so congratulations to another Brethren/Sistren team.

We had a really good time at this event and hope it will return next year. We hated our chicken and got a call up, loved our ribs and got 14th (go figure).. We had the pleasure of cooking next to and getting to know Paul Hess from Midnite Smokers, great guy and yes he makes it look sooo easy. On Sunday we made the trip to North Wildwood to help our friends Rich and Connie from Pig Pen BBQ. They once again got a 1st in Iron Chef and finished 11 overall. It was stange going from a total country setting cookoff on Saturday to cooking on the streets of North wildwood on Sunday. Next stop Stevensville, Maryland.

What a GREAT time, WideSpread it was great meeting you!!!

p.s. my 3 1/2 year old is on your sons side!!! she said I need to be more nicer to him...once I did catch him...hope to see all the bretren soon...

Sal

Back