Contest Results Chili Contest, Long Island, 4/25

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

The 12th Annual Thunder Run chili competition will be held on April 25th in Bohemia (a change of location from previous years).

This event will be run once again by Big Rod (a local BBQ competitor and Cake Boss celebrity) and the HAMC.

Deference is being given to returning teams (of which there were a number of the Brethren), but there should be room for at least a few new teams.

Shoot Rod an email at crimeinc@optonline.net

They always have a great band as well as burgers and dogs. It is also easily the most unique event that I have ever attended.

If you'd just like to stop by, the event is open to the public with a nominal fee at the gate.

I'll post more info as I get it.

Eric

I have been trying to make this thing for theast couple of years it is always at a bad time for me. I hear they know how to throw a party

Their website doesn't seem to be working anymore. Wish I had the time to enter this one. I've been looking for some chili comps around this area.

hamcli.com expired on 04/04/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Looks like the website has expired but my guess is it'll be back up soon.
Check with Rod if you are still interested.
Last time I checked the team list from the brethren included yours truly,
the Swamp Pit and Team OOOFAAH:tape:

I would love to enter it, but doing two comps in two weeks might drive my wife crazy. I'd enter one every week if I had the time and money, but she can't handle that much excitement. :p

The site is back up now.
www.hamcli.com
Here is the team list from the link.
After my tame, mediocre showing at WilliePalooza, I may have to tweak my recipe a bit for this Sunday and amp up the scoville units a bit..........:mad2::icon_devil:bolt:

2010 Chili Teams

1. HELLS ANGELS MC - Rhode Island - Smoke'in Mirrors Chili Team​
  2. Mixed Blood Line MC - Returning 2009 Chili Champs
  3. Bridge Runners MC - Returning 2008 Chili Champs
  4. Trashed MC - Returning 2008 Peoples Choice
  5. The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
  6. Demon Knights MC - Demon Knives Bar- B-Crew​
  7. To be announced​
  8. Sacred Steel MC
  9. El Guapo Chili Team
  10. Leather Necks MC
  11. BBQ Brethren - Swamp Pit BBQ
  12. BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ
  13. BBQ Brethren - Ooofaaahhh
  14. Mortal Skulls MC
  15. Road Reapers MC
  16. Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
  17. T'N'T Dynamite BBQ Team
  18. Unforgiven MC
  19. Red Hot Chili Choppers
  20. Team Renu

Since hes large and in charge..... Maybe we can bribe Motoeric to tweak the judging..

after all, its only The Hells Angels. :drama:

:bolt::bolt:

whats the address of the comp?

Building 80 - Knickerbocker Ave, Bohemia 11716

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

This is a fun and unique event. If you're not competing, come down anyway and hang out. Judging is always an interesting challenge.

Eric

I scoped out the scene yesterday;:yo:
it is going to be a way different venue than the clubhouse out in Mastic that we are used to from the last 2 years.
(E.g. this venue is in the middle of an industrial park........)

As per Eric, this is truly a unique event and challenging to judge - could be the understatement du jour.:heh:

Weather could be a significant factor as the main event is the HAMCLI ride from their headquarters in Hempstead out to the clubhouse in Bohemia.
Nobody likes to ride in the rain, party in the rain and ride back home in the rain.
So, stay tuned as the organizer is checking to see if the forecast changes for the better. (most likely final decision to be made by tomorrow afternoon......)

• Saturday night: Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers later at night. Low 46F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
  • Sunday: Rain likely. High 53F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Rain date could be next Sunday, 5/2.

Good luck all! Hope the weather holds out. I'm cooking for a big crowd at my house and a charity event.

Let's see:
7 lbs cubed chuck - check
anchos/chipolte/guajillos dried/toasted and blended slurry- check
Onions/garlic - check
Assorted japs and serranos- check
Mondelo Negro- check
Rotel - check
Masa - check
Assorted other inspired ingredients- dump #1, dump#2 check.
Almost forgot the chorizo - check

Big pot of Texas Red - game on.

I will be showing up late as I don't need much time to prep. BTW i lost my can opener, anybody got one I could borrow? :evil:

Back