Hello from Roanoke VA

smoker1961

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum, but not new to smoking. I moved to Va in 1989 from North Carolina, and was sad to find out that I couldn't get good pulled pork here. So I started smoking my own. After playing around for about 10 years with small smokers I decided to get me a real smoker. I went down to GA and bought me a Lang 60 deluxe, and have no regrets. I have turned my hobby into a small weekend catering business and hopefully this will be my retirement job. I have some very loyal customers that are addicted to my food, and I am as busy as I really want to be right now. I am always trying new things and I am really excited to join up with some real BBQ legends.

Hello smoker1961. My family is originally from your area and I still have a place in Stewartsville. Love the area. Welcome to the forum

Howdy and welcome, I moved to the Roanoke area form Missouri by way of Florida originally from NE Ohio. Been here about 18 months and I think we will stick around a while.

Welcome to the madness!

Sounds like you have a good gig going

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard smoker1961, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back