Looking for a great salt-free rib rub

SpammyQ

Take a breath!
I have an elderly aunt (along with 10 others) coming over for Memorial Day who can't have salt and am planning on BBQ'ing up some ribs. Anyone got a great rub recipe that is salt free and works with ribs they'd be willing to share?

Thanks

Jim

Low Sodium Rub

Here's one I just found with a Google Search. Haven't tried it.

"Jeff's Salt-Free Boston Butt Rub

3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon garlic powder; (granulated)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash, (salt free) Garlic and H
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt; (low sodium)

This rub is similar to one posted by Scott (South Carolina) last May. I made 3-4 changes out of necessity (Mrs. Dash) and preference (brown sugar)."

I have an elderly aunt (along with 10 others) coming over for Memorial Day who can't have salt and am planning on BBQ'ing up some ribs. Anyone got a great rub recipe that is salt free and works with ribs they'd be willing to share?

Thanks

Jim

Here is one I like....

No Salt Rib Rub for Honey Coated Ribs - There is no salt in this rub, no sugar either. All the sweet comes at the end.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground basil
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper
1 tablespoon mustard powder

Warmed honey

Combine all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Brush ribs with warm honey about 10 minutes before ribs come off the pit.

For a more tender rib, you can also do a foil finish by painting the ribs with honey and adding a little apple juice to the foil pouch. Return to the cooker (or an oven) for 45 minutes before serving.

Back