Deep Fried Country Ham???

donhd04

Knows what a fatty is.
Anyone ever deep fry a country ham? Thinking of doing one for christmas. need some ideas and recipes if anyone has got any.

Havent done a country ham but I did a regular 10lb ham along with 2 turkeys folr thanksgiving. Turned out great and very moist. I didnt do a rub as this was my first but thinking about doing so for the one Im doing for christmas. I cooked it at 325 for 3.5 minutes per pound. Make sure you pat it dry before you fry it and also take your time to drop it in. It took me about 2 minutes to get it fully in the oil but at the same time it seals the outside and keeps the juices in. It will turn out black on the outside but the inside will be dark red and delicious. Landon

never heard of a deep fried country ham. I did one yesterday on smoker let it soak for a few day and change water often.. If you did deep fried it prolly wont take very long cure meat cook fast.

I never deep fried a ham I do want to try a rib roast. I just rebuilt my bayou classics with higher heat burners and 0-30lb adjustable regulators. Had trouble keeping temp up with the Tday turkeys this year.

Let us know how it turns out..

Dang interesting! I too would do the soak and rinse thing first though. Keep us posted:thumb:

Safety note: I'm sure you all know this but probably deserves repeating......Turn off the fire "BEFORE" dunkin your birds or hams, then if it boils over almost zero chance of a bonfire!!!

I've deep fried for years and never thought of this until I read it either here or somewhere else. You wanna just go "Duh!!".

Paul B
SS UDS

Back