• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jack Q&A

L

Lakeside Smoker

I noticed a thread for the Royal Q&A's but nothing for The Jack. So, I thought I would start one for us Jack newbies.

Do we need 7 identifiable pieces of meat instead of 6?
How much 'white meat' in the chicken box?

-Mike

Good idea Mike. I had asked a few of those questions here. My understanding is that you do need 7 pieces and chicken has to contain pieces of dark and pieces of white with a total count of at least seven but that seven of each isn't required.

Anyone still have their form and have contact information? I sent my form in on Friday... I won another qualifier on Saturday. Doh!!! Need to make sure they have me down for another bung.

I kind of figured that if I held onto the form (just in case) that I'd jinx myself for Saturday. I'm going to hold to that thought.

This thread has the same potential to become a resource for the future as the American Royal sticky so, with Mike's approval, it's now a Sticky as well.

Congrats to all that will earn their spot in the draw, and the best of luck to those that are drawn!

Found out that they draw the states in alphabetical order after they pull out all of the automatics with wins in those states from a rep at JD. However, item #3 says differently.

Getting clarification from the JD rep I spoke to. More to come.

21st Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue

Draw for “The Jack”

Because “The Jack” is a promotion for the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey brand, we want to have every state that has a qualifying contest or every state that has a “Grand Champion” residing in that state to be included in our competition.

The final list of teams begins with:

(1)Grand Champions of the following competitions:
·21st Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
·2008 American Royal Open Competition
·2009 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Barbecue
·2009 Memphis in May Championship and

(2)Teams winning a competition that is the only qualifier in a state.

Next:
(3)For the remaining states that have more than one qualifying contest, team names will go into state draws one time for every contest they have won in each state – i.e. two wins in Tennessee will get your name in the Tennessee draw two times. (State draws will be conducted randomly.)

(4)If any team is the only “Grand Champion” from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state. Home state is determined by the address of the chief cook.

(5)If there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state.

(6)After all draws are completed, remaining teams will have one last chance in our “Wild Card” draw. Each team’s name will be placed in the “wild card” draw one time and one last team will be invited.)

NOTE: As the draw progresses from state to state, additional teams may make the list by “default.” For example: If TN has seven teams in its draw, GA has three, VT has two, and CA has four, and Team A has wins in all four states and its name is pulled in the TN draw, the team whose name remains in the draw for VT would, by “default,” represent VT. Clear as mud? Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Found out that they draw the states in alphabetical order after they pull out all of the automatics with wins in those states from a rep at JD. However, item #3 says differently.

Getting clarification from the JD rep I spoke to. More to come.

I think #3 just means that there are no other gating criteria... they will draw the names for those states randomly. and they do the states in alphabetical order.

Well, unless they changed it, there will be 2 draws. The first for the order of the states... Then they do the actual draws for the states. As it's obviously a better situation if you are in a later state draw. So there are advantages and disadvantages.

Well, unless they changed it, there will be 2 draws. The first for the order of the states... Then they do the actual draws for the states. As it's obviously a better situation if you are in a later state draw. So there are advantages and disadvantages.

I got a confirmation back that they drew states in Alpha order last year and intend to do the same this year. I explained that it is more fair to the teams to draw the states, that way, it is all about luck and not some advantage/disadvantage based on what letter your state starts with.

I think #3 just means that there are no other gating criteria... they will draw the names for those states randomly. and they do the states in alphabetical order.

No, it was a mistake. She's going to take that statement in #3 out. Until last year, it was a random state draw. They changed it last year.

Ancillary sauce...does it have to contain JD in it? Any certain amount?

Ancillary sauce...does it have to contain JD in it? Any certain amount?

Yes, they give you a bottle of Jack for the sauce (dont drink it all). You can use any amount.

Can someone pm me the contact info for the person running the draw. I haven't received anything yet. A phone number would be great

Can someone pm me the contact info for the person running the draw. I haven't received anything yet. A phone number would be great

Also check in with the KCBS office to make sure they got everything in for you. I swapped emails with folks at the Jack and KCBS yesterday to make sure they got my last win in. They were all on top of it.

21 days until the draw. Anyone got a bottle of Gentleman Jack already in the freezer? I do.

Back