Burnt ends?

DC-Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I asked this after getting some responses to my brisket preference question. I figured it may not get noticed in that thread so here it is again.

How do you do burnt ends? I sauce em up in a pan & put em back on the smoker for a couple hours @ 350°.

I like to trim the extra fat off, and chop them up kinda small, rub 'em and put back on the smoker for an hour at 250, and tossing with more rub every hour until they are ready (usually 4 to 5 hours). I don't add sauce to mine while cooking.

I take the point off, trim excess fat, but not ALL of it as that can be the best part, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes, toss with rub and a little sauce, then back on the smoker, stirring occasionally. Usually keep em on as long as I can stand, adding a bit more rub and sauce at a time to really thicken it up on the little bites of orgasmic beefiness. I like em real carmelized and even a littl crispy around the edges.

mmm I gotta find that bag of extras in the freezer now...

I asked this after getting some responses to my brisket preference question. I figured it may not get noticed in that thread so here it is again.

How do you do burnt ends? I sauce em up in a pan & put em back on the smoker for a couple hours @ 350°.

That's a great start.
The rest of the suggestions will kick it up a bit.

Good Eats!

TIM

Here's how I do mine:

http://buckymcoinkumsbbq.com/wordpress/2007/09/04/making-burnt-ends/

2965557362_ac8a3cb145_o.jpg

1315735567_b86ea58334_o.jpg

I just figured out what is going into the cooker this weekend, after looking at these great pics! Whole packer....

Back