Smoked Turkey Legs - any pointers ?

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
yea OK i got them here and forget to get them prepped in any way

so I have fresh legs and the UDS is at 230 F temp from the ribs that just came off

I'm thinking yardbird rub and toss them on ...

but can take a few pointers on:
  • what to hit them with - rub - sauce
  • temp to smoke at
  • temp to pull at
  • do i need to foil
these are for lunch this week

yea OK i got them here and forget to get them prepped in any way

so I have fresh legs and the UDS is at 230 F temp from the ribs that just came off

I'm thinking yardbird rub and toss them on ...

but can take a few pointers on:
  • what to hit them with - rub - sauce
  • temp to smoke at
  • temp to pull at
  • do i need to foil
these are for lunch this week

Ployboys rub would be a great choice. I smoke mine at 225 and pull them when they pull back from the bone about an inch. I don't use a thermo. with them. Never tried foiling, you could if you wish, just not necessary. May want to undercook them a tad if not eating right away. My .02

OK they are on ! with a generous coat of yardbird

in about how long should I expect the pull from the leg effect to start - you know peeking isn't cooking mod - just to have an idea

On at 10 P.M., Wow cooking them for breakfast?:biggrin:

I'm making lunch for the week as I cook on the week ends

well trying to work out a whole week worth of lunches - this is the first go at it - so far I can look forward to chuckie samiches, some ribs and smoked turkey legs -- not quite a full week but a good start

may post the question to the forum on recommendations for a weekend cook designed to fill the lunch box all week too

I just do em on the Kettle for about an hour or so till they split. Have no clue as to what the temp is in either.
No rocket science, any rub will do. Just make sure to rub them with EVOO.

2 packs, at Staters usually about a buck fifty each make great sandwiches through the week.

i hear they like bondage :biggrin:

turkeylegs-003.jpg

OK they are on ! with a generous coat of yardbird

in about how long should I expect the pull from the leg effect to start - you know peeking isn't cooking mod - just to have an idea

I cook them for about 2 hours. They should start pulling back after an hour or so.

Back