Dr_KY builds again...

lol @ nutrients. I looked into it as it would be a long burning heat source but the down side was far greater.lol

Chief how about another picture of the lid..

86y6tsx.jpg

6p4y1zk.jpg

If it stays dry this weekend I give her a first cook.

Fingers crossed.

lol It's not fair I tell ya!! The wife says, ''I'll get you an umbrella and watch through the window just get cookin, i'm sick of watching you mope around the house!''

My reply was, 'FINE I'll just move back to California!!'

My clothes and photos of the kids are getting soaked right now as I type this from the bus homeless shelter on my phone.

lol It's not fair I tell ya!! The wife says, ''I'll get you an umbrella and watch through the window just get cookin, i'm sick of watching you mope around the house!''

My reply was, 'FINE I'll just move back to California!!'

My clothes and photos of the kids are getting soaked right now as I type this from the bus homeless shelter on my phone.

:biggrin: and get them wellies on as well so your tootsies stay dry. I lived there three years and I do remember 6 or 7 days of good weather during that time.

You sir are not helping lol I don't own any Wellies but I do have a bolwer hat and opera glasres.

We have smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

2pzflf4.jpg

Just a few thighs to learn with.

2heyjau.jpg

It's about time!!! What's all this worry about the weather???? Got 12 inches of snow here and I still got both mine and the pigs butt's out to the smoker!!!

Glad to see you finally up and running... I want pic's when they come out!

Thanks man I hope you guys didn't give up hope.:)

It was a real pain trying to find coal this time of year plus the mater of wanting to cook with some real rubs and serious quality wood but I'll get into that in a later post.

Still needs a bit of work but how are you liking my take on the mandatory bottler opener? It's a medallion from a local brewer.

Arkells
5.0% ABV
Kingsdown Ale is the strongest of our regular beers but is a brother to 3B as it comes from the same mash. It retains a strong character of its own, however, with its rich colour, ripe fruit 'nose' and that traditional Arkell's hopiness. You can taste the malt too, along with a bitter-sweet finish and fruit notes. 'Kingsdown', which is named after the area of Upper Stratton where the brewery is situated, was originally brewed as a special beer to commemorate Swindon Town Football Club's League Cup triumph in 1969 and went into regular production in 1976.

Last edited:
Thanks Ed I can already see it's going to be a ton of fun and tomorrow I'm off to the butchers for some ribs and any other random pork I can get a hold of.

I did find (via the wife) that I over salted to chicken though. Thats alright i'll know better next time.

Thanks for the reminder , I'll pick up the sausage tomorrow.

I drilled a second hole opposite and a little higher of the inlet valve as it was runniing a bit cold. I have a ball valve that will fit it so I'll look into fitting it tomorrow.

There was a good bit of unfinished coal so I closed everything as to save it for another cook.

Picked it up from the pub next door. lol I have a few more but they are plastic and this one is brass. I plan on finding or making one of those bar taps then attaching it so it looks like a crazy smoking keg.

Back