Galveston County Cookoff pics

Single Fin Smoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My dads pit. We used mostly oak on everything. No, we dint win chit as this is something we only do once a year. Mostly, its an occasion for friends and family to get together for food and beer. Not that I cared, I was drunker than a sailor on leave. Notice that big black drum pit, off to the left laid on its side? My dad welded that sucker together in 1965.
View attachment 7313
This homemade no-wheeled contraption belonged to our friends in the spot next to uss. I wanted to take it back to California with me.
View attachment 7314

View attachment 7315

View attachment 7316
Chicken, ribs, sausage and boudain......
View attachment 7317

View attachment 7318

Last edited:
i really like the pics.. and your dads pit ..do you think he would let me be part of your family?i'd like to cook on that...or maybe i could just help you guys drink beer...

Looks like some good eating was going on. Now show us some pics of the party!

The pits and the food look great and I hate to point out any disparities. But please tell me thats not a big old bottle of lighter fluid sitting next to your fire box. ;~(
Dave

Ummmmm, yeah ya'll see dat propane tank at the front of my dads pit? Well, thats normally supposed to be our flame thrower for which we light that sucker. Dad was in charge of refilling it, but went drinking at the nearest ice house with his buddies instead...
Accordingly,(Bretheren opinions not withstanding...) III er huh somebody took matters into thier own hands.....I honestly was too drunk to remember....

Nice single fin! The food looks awesome!,
thanks for attaching the pics, I couldn't open the attachments either.
My friend not only cut his quava tree down, he's cutting it into 4 foot logs for me! What a guy!

Back