The Yoder YS1500 has arrived!

Nice! What is the O.D. of the smoke stack? I like the idea of sleeving the stack although i think i would have had them weld the collar to the removable part of the stack rather than the elbow but i am betting they didnt ask your opinion on that one. I might have even had them sleeve it before the elbow. Either way it would make it handier for storage in your trailer.

Thinking the same thing, moisture is going to collect in the sleeve. Imho i believe they made a mistake. Besides that problem the smoker looks awesome.

It looks great! You're gonna love it even more once you start cooking with it.

That is very sweet! I have been drooling over that smoker for awhile. If my wife ever divorces me, that is on the agenda. However, if I bought that I would be divorced and I kinda like her! Let's see some Pron!

Thanks everyone. I'm enjoying another BLCM (Bacon, Lettuce, Cheese and Mayo) panini on honey wheat bread. Pretty darn tasty.

I'll post some cooks up in the coming weeks. I plan on cooking ribs, a brisket, a turkey, some smoked ribeye steaks to make some cheesesteaks among other things.

Every time I see one of those Yoder 1500's I want one. Nice looking rig. Now I have to talk to the "Boss"

I think the stack is fine as is. If you've ever noticed there is some condensation/creasole that forms in a stack and drips/runs down the inside as the fire heats up or dies and the cooker cools.
Would you want this running down the outside of the elbow?
Just think what that would make the outside of the elbow look like

Thats a sweet smoker. I would love to get one but since I dont have a dog house thats where I would have to sleep if I brought one home.

This is the first interior pictures I have seen of the 1500. Did they leave out the grease tray altogether on this one and put that diffuser style plate in? I'm curious about the grease drain setup, if you could please elaborate a bit.

This is the first interior pictures I have seen of the 1500. Did they leave out the grease tray altogether on this one and put that diffuser style plate in? I'm curious about the grease drain setup, if you could please elaborate a bit.

There are a bunch of pictures in nucornhusker's YS1500 thread as well...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169856

This post has pictures of the inside after a cook...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2610272&postcount=105

Thanks for the links. I like this grease setup a lot better. I sometimes feel like the grease pan gets in the way of good smoke circulation through the chamber on my old 640 and my current Traeger. Unfortunately with the Traeger's center firepot, it doesn't leave me many options.

Back