• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket.....fail?

Smokesignalsfromtx

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hello all! Just wondering, I smoked a 12 pound packer from Wally World yesterday. Temp on my backwoods Party g2 was 250. Used guru, and maverick for temp checks. Maverick was 1* off the guru. It finished in 6 hrs!? It usually takes me 8-10. Am I missing something? Also it didn't have hardly any bark. Not bad flavor, probed tender, but missing something. Anyone else experience this?

Might have just been the brisket. Lack of bark come from to much moisture in your pit or using foil creating a moist environment or foiling to early, also from not enough wood

Everyone is different, just a thought where you cooking it on one of the top racks( above the therm probe) the top is always hotter and may account for the shortened cook time.

I've done others the same way. For some reason this one was completely different. I used the same wood, temp, racks, etc. Kind of stumped on this one.

You say it probed tender... Just want to be sure you weren't probing the point were you?

Nope. It was tender. Just missing the bark. I'm thinking bludawg nailed it with the moisture in the pit. It looked more like it was done in the oven. I've done several briskies and this is the only one that came out this way.

Back