• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Class Awesome Chance for the right team or person!

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We have an extra competition spot down at Bel Air Md, this weekend, we are looking for a crew to cook it for us. We will coach you through our process and how we want you to cook. There is no charge for this and we will supply all the meat, rubs, sauces, cookers, etc. You will get 20% of any prize money won and hopefully a lot of knowledge. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks, Also if I am breaking any rules by mentoring a team while I cook on another let me know as well! I don't want to get dq'd!

We have an extra competition spot down at Bel Air Md, this weekend, we are looking for a crew to cook it for us. We will coach you through our process and how we want you to cook. There is no charge for this and we will supply all the meat, rubs, sauces, cookers, etc. You will get 20% of any prize money won and hopefully a lot of knowledge. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks, Also if I am breaking any rules by mentoring a team while I cook on another let me know as well! I don't want to get dq'd!

I need help master Q'er:becky:

This seems like a wonderful opportunity...but I'm just curious, as I've got the weekend free. :)

Are you looking for the crew to cook your recipes across the board? Not questioning your intent, just want to be clear.

Here the KCBS rule that can possibly bite you. I would get ok from the reps.

2)
Each team shall consist of a chief cook and as many
assistants as the chief cook deems necessary. A team shall
not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date. Chief cooks and/or assistant cooks
may only cook for their designated team at the contest they
are attending.

I think mentoring another team at the same comp is ok, just as long as he doesn't actually cook anything. I've seen a number of teams mentor other teams during contests that they were both cooking at.

pure mentoring maybe but i would sure check to avoid DQ for both teams. But, IMHO you are going beyond mentoring when you claim 80% of any winnings. Keith

Don't know how you can instruct one team and cook on another team at the same contest and not break the rule quoted above.

Consider 3Eyes approach of mentoring a person or say 2 team members that become members of your team at that contest.

For KCBS rule interpentation email rules@KCBS.com
If you get a go ahead from rules, always let the rep know in advance because they have the final say at the contest.

I am gonna say you are Team X and this other team is Team Y. Who is the Chief Cook of Team X and Who is the Chief Cook of team Y?

I have asked a somewhat similar Question in below Thread...I also sent an email to KCBS Rules and Rich was the only one to respond and he said he did not know...

To say I will be watching this closely is an understatement!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166740

ok I think I have it. You are vending (correct?) and because of the "Belair" rules you must compete as well. Am I correct so far? You would like a team to come in and cook "with" you in the competition under Jacked Up. You want experiance so you still can have a good showing while using the Jacked Up style and spacing and other crap. No issue, those who come out will just be Jacked Up for a while. Its a FARKING shame I have other obligations. This could rock!

Good luck brother! Do well!

2ND team would be meat bbq Co. not jacked up. no mentoring, Matts lying. we don't really know were doing ourselves. were hoping we can steal secrets from the 2ND team :)

Sorry, never know who knows whom on here or if it is tongue in cheek. Will the Chief Cook of either team, be a team member on other team?

2ND team would be meat bbq Co. not jacked up. no mentoring, Matts lying. we don't really know were doing ourselves. were hoping we can steal secrets from the 2ND team :)

Back